Re: Black Screen

SomeOne.. wrote:

Yesterday when started COD4 my computer locked up. So I had to reset it,
done that, but it wouldn't start up anymore. So I put in the vista cd-rom,
but when it had loaded all the files, there is just a black screen,
nothing more ....
What can I do?

Is this a black screen with absolutely nothing on it? No blinking cursor? Is
there any activity on the computer at all? Light on the hard drive? Noise
of fans?

You see, you just haven't provided enough information to get focused help.
From your description, all I can say is that you may have hardware failure.
I can't tell you what components because you haven't described your
machine, its recent history, or exactly what it's doing well enough.

You can take the machine to a local professional (don't use someone from a
BigComputerStore type of place), or call the OEM's tech support if you have
that sort of computer (Dell, HP, etc.). Or if you want to try and do
self-help here, see these links for what details to include in your next
post:

http://users.tpg.com.au/bzyhjr/liszt.htm - How Not to Get Technical Help on
Usenet

Malke