Re: Clean Install Fails

Hi,

There is a known issue with installing x64 when 4GB of ram is installed. Reduce it to 2GB, install Vista, then reinsert the other 2GB of memory.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"Troy" <Troy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:11EB163B-E01A-461F-85AA-1A5A8D90F1DF@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
New build will not install Vista Ultimate 64-bit edition. Errors vary.

System is an Intel Q9450 quad core, with Intel DX48BT2 motherboard with OCZ
matched pair 4gig ram (2x2gig) IDE DVD drive, and 1 SATA HDD. saphire
radeon HD 3870 w/512mb ram... video

Hard drive, formatted and run install - first attempt reboots at 65% file
expanding and bootmgr doesn't exist... tried various suggested fixed. no
success.

Reformatted drive, turned off all boot from USB and other unnecessary
options ... tried install again -- got to 95% before reboot... now windows
tries to boot to complete install but fails at the F8 option screen stating
registry corrupt or missing.

Mother board and processor obviously vista-ready -- video vista ready or
certified...
yet cannot complete installation 100% before it randomly reboots.... I
assume a hardware or driver conflist when trying to detect... but no way to
tell as there are no error messages.

suggestions please? getting frustrated - and I normally do this for a
living...

  • Re: SP3 issues
    ... but clean reinstall is something I'm trying to avoid. ... install SP3 before upping the RAM. ... Non-viral malware is one of the most common causes of slow PCs. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • System Suddenly Not Booting Properly
    ... days ago I attempted to install additional RAM into this computer. ... The additional RAM didn't work so I disinstalled it. ... Since the RAM installation adventure the system doesn't boot properly. ... If I re-setup the networking then it works fine. ...
    (comp.os.linux.misc)
  • Re: NTFS.sys bsod
    ... Are you sure you install the same speed of RAM? ... Have you tried removing the RAM you installed to see if it would boot? ... Everytime I tried to boot that machine with the sick HDD as 2nd master, ...
  • RE: Update System RAM display
    ... In reply to the other poster's question, I did not have SP1 but did install ... first check bios boot screen, this screen is displayed at first boot, it ... someone that this was not enough RAM to operate Vista. ... it is still only displaying 894 MB RAM. ...
  • Re: Brand new Imac suffering frightening kernel panic attacks
    ... You don't have phoney Apple stickers to hide, ... You have room to install more hard drives and components can breathe, ... A real PC is what Mac users call The Missing Link, ... your RAM is not to specifications you may get a kernel panic. ...
    (comp.sys.mac.system)