Re: Installing 64bit Vista with SATA drives

Generally, Vista has raid controller support
If drivers are required they can be installed from usb stick or cd, if cd
you eject the Vista dvd at the appropriate time, insert the cd, once driver
loaded, replace with DVD.
The hd's are formatted in the usuall way, using Vista dvd.

I say generally because installation procedure can vary by mobo.

"Ron O'Brien" <castcall@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message

"DL" <address@invalid> wrote in message
You do know that raid 0 has no redundency, lose one hd and you lose
everything.

You first read the mobo manual to see whether you have to amend bios
settings for raid,
You configure the raid in the raid bios, then install win

Yes I am aware of the drawback of RAID0 - I need all the speed I can get
for HD video editing.

I am aware of the BIOS settings in relation to RAID it is more what to
expect during installation, like I said, it's things like how do I format
the drives and how do I install the SATA drivers when I only have one
DVD/CD Drive and no floppy.

I would hope it all becomes obvious as you progress but, as I also said, I
don't like surprises and in my experience Microsoft are good at throwing
up surprises!!

Ron

  • Re: Intel(R) Matrix Storage Manager 7.0 - why should I want this thing?
    ... you should see the Intel Drivers installed ... presence of the "Intel XXXXXXR SATA RAID Controller". ... the mode in which a default Windows installation can "see" the ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Intel(R) Matrix Storage Manager 7.0 - why should I want this thing?
    ... it already has the necessary drivers. ... the mode in which a default Windows installation can "see" the ... NCQ, dedicated I/O, mirroring, striping, RAID or eSata. ... ICH5R - This is the original RAID-Array chipset. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Intel(R) Matrix Storage Manager 7.0 - why should I want this thing?
    ... it already has the necessary drivers. ... the mode in which a default Windows installation can "see" the ... NCQ, dedicated I/O, mirroring, striping, RAID or eSata. ... ICH5R - This is the original RAID-Array chipset. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Intel(R) Matrix Storage Manager 7.0 - why should I want this thing?
    ... Matrix Storage Console from where I can create a RAID volume. ... you should see the Intel Drivers installed ... presence of the "Intel XXXXXXR SATA RAID Controller". ... the mode in which a default Windows installation can "see" the ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Serial ATA
    ... You need to put your Raid Controller drivers on a floppy disk and at the ... If you are going to use the Raid Function you have to setup the Raid array ... XP installation will see the array of 2 disks as 1 drive. ... > computer with these drives. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware)