Re: HP builded in Webcam!

"smlunatick" <yveslec@xxxxxxxxx> schreef in bericht news:594c6aaf-09c9-49f7-855d-a4159afda302@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On Nov 26, 11:07 am, "Huib" <anonym...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:
Hi,
Sometime ago i dedected that the webcam was no more working.
Reinstalling the SW-driver didn't help.

Now the webcam is even no more visible in the device manager and i can
detect it anymore with the tool scanning for new HW?

Who can give any advice?

Regards
Huib

All integrated hardware should be and can be controlled from the
BIOS. Also, several laptop models have a special key, or key
combination, to turn on / off the various hardware that the
manufacturer had place in it. Check with HP tech support FAQs.

Hi,
I didn' found nothing on special keys neither did i found something on HP-sites.
Into the bios i didn't look yet. this is for the coming days.
I have an impression that it happened after installing SP2 of vista.
Regards
huib

  • Re: HP builded in Webcam!
    ... Sometime ago i dedected that the webcam was no more working. ... Reinstalling the SW-driver didn't help. ... All integrated hardware should be and can be controlled from the ... Also, several laptop models have a special key, or key ...
  • Re: blinding webcam - and more
    ... have the mic and the webcam set to allow. ... As software can't flip a manual switch. ... In fact the BIOS of my laptop is very spartan with surprising few settings. ... some internal mics are disabled if you plug something into the external mic jack. ...
    (comp.sys.laptops)
  • Re: Webcam on PMT!
    ... I'm having problems with my built in webcam. ... another message show up saying "unknown usb device". ... it is disabled in the BIOS at this point. ... It will be switched on and USB 2 speeds are returned. ...
    (comp.sys.laptops)
  • Re: Good web cam for laptops
    ... And if your BIOS has a setting for the OS, like Start and Finish, set it to finished before checking the webcam. ... Unfortunately there is nothing in BIOS that relates to web cam. ... If that failed and if you do have a working backup, use the recovery disc or reinstall. ...
    (comp.sys.laptops)
  • Re: Asus EEE webcam???
    ... > I have bought an Asus EEE laptop, installed ubuntu on it and tried Ekiga... ... I read somewhere that the webcam was disabled in the BIOS. ... Under the original OS (Xandros) the web cam works perfectly, ...
    (Ubuntu)