No Line-In, Aux, Mono, CD-Audio on Brand New Computer with Vista

For some reason, when I go to the sounds folder in Control Panel and
look at my sound devices, the only thing that shows is the built-in
microphone.

I have no line-in, aux, mono, cd-stereo, et cetera... those drivers
just aren't there! Gone! I got this computer YESTERDAY and I can't
edit any sound whatsoever unless it is recorded from my microphone. I
am pretty p.o.ed. Why on earth would Vista NOT come with these
drivers??

I really need help on sorting out this problem. I am trying to edit
sound files like .mp3s and .wavs in Audacity
(http://audacity.sourceforge.net/), and since the only recording device
I have is this stupid RealTek High Definition Audio Microphone, I can't
do anything.

(queenjane1235@xxxxxxxxx)

--
queenjane
queenjane's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/154288.htm

http://forums.techarena.in

  • Re: disable inbuilt microphone
    ... Selecting recording devices brings up the sound ... It seems to me that plugging in an external microphone should ... The audio playback is not affected when you disable the recording device. ... You are correct that disabling the recording device will disable the ...
  • Re: How to Publish my windows media player output?
    ... S-PDIF-In) no sound comes out, even though my windows media player is playing ... in the menu choose 'recording device' ... Now the green sign from the microphone disappears and the soundcard is ... After I want to approve the settings I get also such 'error' messages. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsmedia.encoder)
  • Re: USB Microphone quit working after 9.04 upgrade
    ... Skype: Open Skype's Options, then go to Sound Devices. ... "Sound In" to the hardware definition of your microphone. ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • AES AWARDS
    ... API racks, some of which caused power supply problems. ... This one is always a real tossup, but I kind of liked the Core Sound ... tetrahedral microphone array, the AmbiMic. ... modern Dolby Digital EX systems. ...
    (rec.audio.pro)
  • Re: Built-in Mic and MS Word
    ... Recording sound in a lecture hall is always going to be a challenge. ... The iBook doesn't have a Microphone port: ...
    (microsoft.public.mac.office.word)