Re: Partitioning Hard Drive

If you keep your data on a separate partition you can, with the right type of software, create an image of the system partition only - and then restore the system partition in case of problems - without losing your data.

Richard Urban
Microsoft MVP
Windows Desktop Experience & Security

"Gene L." <Camelotscc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:%23PxPFyDXKHA.220@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sorry to persist but why would one wish to keep data separate from the system files? I really appreciate your time in preparing this reply. Am I naive in this situation?

"Dave" <Dave@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:%23hYI0VDXKHA.1236@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
when you want to boot with another operating system,
when you want to keep data separate from the system files,

Windows 7 Ultimate

"Gene L." <Camelotscc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:0415F36E-E89F-4E63-8A22-43FA226A2929@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I hope this is the correct forum to ask this question. When is it advisable to partition a hard drive? Where can I find specific instructions to follow should I wish to do this?
Thanks for any help on this issue.
Gene L.