Re: Should I install this driver

On Oct 28, 5:00 am, Nikilet <Niki...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
BitDefender is showing me that I have an update that isn't installed. I went
to Windows Update and it is showing a driver update as follows:
nVidia - Display - NVIDIA GeForce 7300 LE April 2009 update

If this update came out in April why is it just now coming through my
Windows Update?

Should I install this or is it going to leave me with a bunch of new
problems to deal with?

If someone can advise me on this I would appreciate it so much.

Do not just update drivers because some other software tells you to.
This is a recipe for disaster because the driver upgrade would be a
generic driver update. Generic driver updates might work for most
hardware but some video card manufacturers can "modify" the hardware
for their "needs."

Also, if you really use nVidia "standard" drivers, always get the
latest from www.nvidia.com.

  • Re: Hardware Drivers in Windows Update Catalog
    ... Taking driver update from windows update is really not a good idea unless ... When a driver update is needed beacuse the hardware is NOT functioning well ... Best regards, ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsupdate)
  • Re: Driver updates fail
    ... Use Windows Update for Critical and Recommended Updates. ... If a driver Update is suggested and you determine it is needed, ... Web site ... > It also fails if I run Windows Update and try to install ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsupdate)
  • Re: AMD K7 processor device driver AMDK7.SYS & XP Pro
    ... I love that feature since stupid Windows Update still offers me ATI ... >>Nathan McNulty ... >>Charles McCallister wrote: ... >>>offering this driver update for my XP Professional w/ SP1 ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware)
  • Re: Display Driver keeps crashing
    ... Does Windows Update offer a driver update for this video card? ... "PA Bear " wrote: ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsupdate)
  • AMD driver update through Windows Update
    ... started showing up in my Windows Update scan. ... my windows xp to a restore point from a day before. ... Now everything works peachy but that driver update still ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)