Re: Should I install this driver

"Nikilet" <Nikilet@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:A862694A-7DE9-4B61-83C1-CEDBB14F94F0@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
BitDefender is showing me that I have an update that isn't installed. I went
to Windows Update and it is showing a driver update as follows:
nVidia - Display - NVIDIA GeForce 7300 LE April 2009 update

If this update came out in April why is it just now coming through my
Windows Update?

Should I install this or is it going to leave me with a bunch of new
problems to deal with?

If someone can advise me on this I would appreciate it so much.

The latest video drivers for your video system should be downloaded from the manufacturers web site. The drivers on Windows Update are sometimes a version or two dated. They can only offer that which the manufacturer supplies to them. There is a time lag it seems.

--

Richard Urban
Microsoft MVP

.