Re: Should I install this driver

"Nikilet" <Nikilet@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:A862694A-7DE9-4B61-83C1-CEDBB14F94F0@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
BitDefender is showing me that I have an update that isn't installed. I went
to Windows Update and it is showing a driver update as follows:
nVidia - Display - NVIDIA GeForce 7300 LE April 2009 update

If this update came out in April why is it just now coming through my
Windows Update?

Should I install this or is it going to leave me with a bunch of new
problems to deal with?

If someone can advise me on this I would appreciate it so much.

The latest video drivers for your video system should be downloaded from the manufacturers web site. The drivers on Windows Update are sometimes a version or two dated. They can only offer that which the manufacturer supplies to them. There is a time lag it seems.

--

Richard Urban
Microsoft MVP

  • Re: NT5 runs on 9595
    ... There are no installable XGA/XGA2 drivers. ... Setup installs IE5.0 without any questions. ... Of course I've tried the windows update link. ... no error message, no response at all. ...
    (comp.sys.ibm.ps2.hardware)
  • Re: Frustrated...Clean rebuild, not so clean
    ... drivers I needed to get the basics up and running were not there. ... security options on a home NAT router which was blocking Windows Update. ... Please disable all third-party anti-virus, anti-malware, or firewall ... Now try Windows Update web site. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsupdate)
  • Re: USR805417a Wireless PCI Adapter Issue
    ... Stop the Windows Update service (make sure you are logged on as an Administrator) ... | indeed find the drivers, it always fails with the error 'File Not Found'. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsupdate)
  • Re: Wont Start up after Windows XP screen
    ... The auto-update is only for download. ... It prompts for install. ... I've logged on and uninstalled the previous drivers, ... The windows update was automatic so I don't ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.mediacenter)
  • Re: Inspiron 1501 Headaches
    ... to the device manager says it's installed and "working properly." ... tried everything I can think of, including installing the drivers from the ... I was also having firewall problems with Windows Live OneCare but finally ... the Windows Update, the Windows Live ...
    (alt.sys.pc-clone.dell)