Re: going from ide HD to Serial ATA HD.

Read your mobo manual for any special instructions as per using a sata drive
as the boot device, it may involve ammending bios settings

"13th_Panther" <13th_Panther.40kisd@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in
message news:13th_Panther.40kisd@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

ok last time i tried this it didn't work. o i am asking for some how
to,s .

I know that my motherboard is Serial ATA compatible here is the
specs

Windows Vista Ultimate SP2

600w power supply

FX NFORCE 680I LT SLI INTEL SOCKET 775 motherboard

intell 2.40 quad core CPU

4 Gigs of ram ( 2 gigs each stick) sli
2 8600 GT 256MB DDR3 XXX (Factory over clocked )

and 80 gig Ide Ultra Ata100 .

I want to swap it out for a WD Caviar 500GB Serial ATA HD
7200/16MB/SATA-3G.

any advise ?

--
13th_Panther

  • Re: Problems upgrading the RAM...
    ... If you want to use 4 GB of RAM you will have to switch to a 64 bit version of Windows. ... The new RAM is either not compatible with your old RAM and/or the motherboard. ... dropped to 3.00 gigs. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware)
  • Re: Desktop New
    ... I have an old agp 1x so lets can that. ... A far as the desk top goes I need a barbone and a video + ddr. ... I have ddr1 2 gigs I bought a while back but now I see it was dual so 1 dimm uses two banks. ... eventually want a real video card, and a slot on the motherboard ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware)
  • Re: Puzzled about memory compatibility
    ... :>If you read my most recent posts on the subject, ... :>2 gigs of this should be using the dual-channel capability, ... :>the matched memory available. ... correct sockets based on what you found in the motherboard manual ...
    (comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action)
  • 4 Gigs DDR3 Ram showing at 2 Gigs in Vista 64
    ... ass stated in the title i do have Vista 64 bit. ... timings 9-9-9-24. ... My motherboard is an Asus P5Q3 Deluxe. ... Under system properties the ram is shown as 4 Gigs but in task manager ...
  • Promise controller hd card
    ... I bought a promise 100tx controller card to try ... and get my old motherboard to recognize more than 130 gigs of my 250 gig ...
    (alt.sys.pc-clone.dell)