Re: going from ide HD to Serial ATA HD.
- From: "DL" <notvalid@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sat, 24 Oct 2009 18:38:37 +0100
Read your mobo manual for any special instructions as per using a sata drive
as the boot device, it may involve ammending bios settings
"13th_Panther" <13th_Panther.40kisd@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in
ok last time i tried this it didn't work. o i am asking for some how
I know that my motherboard is Serial ATA compatible here is the
Windows Vista Ultimate SP2
600w power supply
FX NFORCE 680I LT SLI INTEL SOCKET 775 motherboard
intell 2.40 quad core CPU
4 Gigs of ram ( 2 gigs each stick) sli
2 8600 GT 256MB DDR3 XXX (Factory over clocked )
and 80 gig Ide Ultra Ata100 .
I want to swap it out for a WD Caviar 500GB Serial ATA HD
any advise ?
Posted via http://www.vistaheads.com
- Prev by Date: Re: Installing Video Card
- Next by Date: Re: Installing Video Card
- Previous by thread: Installing Video Card
- Next by thread: RE: Memory dump error while installing Windows