Re: Prevent disk from shutting down
- From: "Daniel" <noone@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sat, 24 Oct 2009 13:12:27 +1100
Okay, thanks for your help
"smlunatick" <yveslec@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:2ecb8d89-f871-4316-bbc7-689a793740d5@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On Oct 22, 2:25 am, "Daniel" <no...@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:.Hi
I have Vista Ultimate 64, I have an external Hard Drive
attached through eSATA, it shuts down after 20 Mins of idle,
how do I prevent it from shutting down it is causing
a lag when I try to write to it.
Check out the power options for the eSATA port. Microsoft has deemed
to automatically put "Allow Windows to shut the power..." option.
Also, you will need to contact the eSATA drive manufacturer and see
what are the options to set the power "save" features.
- Prev by Date: Installing Video Card
- Next by Date: Re: Multiple audio outputs
- Previous by thread: Re: Prevent disk from shutting down
- Next by thread: Re: Prevent disk from shutting down