Re: Prevent disk from shutting down

Okay, thanks for your help

cheers

Daniel

"smlunatick" <yveslec@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:2ecb8d89-f871-4316-bbc7-689a793740d5@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On Oct 22, 2:25 am, "Daniel" <no...@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi

I have Vista Ultimate 64, I have an external Hard Drive
attached through eSATA, it shuts down after 20 Mins of idle,
how do I prevent it from shutting down it is causing
a lag when I try to write to it.

thanks

Daniel

Check out the power options for the eSATA port. Microsoft has deemed
to automatically put "Allow Windows to shut the power..." option.

Also, you will need to contact the eSATA drive manufacturer and see
what are the options to set the power "save" features.

  • Re: eSATA - is this compatible?
    ... okay. ... No guarantees though as I have not used that combo of hardware. ... The enclosure is eSATA. ... Internal SATA connectors are hotswappable as well, ...
  • =?iso-8859-1?Q?Re:_Gutes_2=2C5=22-Festplattengeh=E4use=3F?=
    ... Okay, das hatten die wenigsten, das habe ich immer durch ziehen des Steckers erledigt. ... oder eSATA ...
    (de.comp.hardware.laufwerke.festplatten)