Re: Install Broadcom (Widcomm) bluetooth

On Oct 10, 5:57 pm, "Tae Song" <tae_s...@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
"smlunatick" <yves...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message

On Oct 9, 7:46 pm, "Tae Song" <tae_s...@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
"smlunatick" <yves...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message

On Oct 9, 3:30 pm, lemur <gu...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
What is the make and model (be specific) of your computer?

--
lemur

::If *ANYONE* in this forum helps you, please click on
their *REP* icon. Thanks!  (the middle scale icon in the upper right
corner)::

Make / model is not relivent!  I have added my own Broadcom USB
adapter.  IOGear GBU421 Bluetooth USB adapter.  It is then detected as
a Broadcom 2045 Bluetooth 2.0+EDR USB adapter.

Vista has limited bluetooth support, but installing the latest WIDCOMM
software adds additional support.
The MS bluetooth driver doesn't disappear if you have install WIDCOMM.
WIDCOMM just adds to it.

It sounds like you maybe using an older version of WIDCOMM.

Did you install the WIDCOMM software from the CD that came with the
bluetooth dongle?

If so you may want to download the latest WIDCOMM software, bluetooth
driver
from Broadcom.http://www.broadcom.com/support/bluetooth/update.php

Do NOT uninstall the old bluetooth driver.  The Install program needs the
bluetooth driver (even if it is out-dated) to verify that you are using a
Broadcom bluetooth chip.  If it can't detect the bluetooth device, it
will
halt the install process and it won't download latest WIDCOMM software
and
updated bluetooth drivers.

The install is about 50MB, so it may take awhile to download.  The
download
link is for the installer, which is just to make sure you are downloading
the correct software for you bluetooth dongle.

This is exactly what I done.  The Widcomm did appear to install
correctly and did place tge 'My Bluetooth Places" onto the Vista
Desktop.  Then, ever since the first reboot after the successful
install, the "My Bluetooth Places" disappears and the lamed MS
Bluetooth stack takes over.

I guess you didn't understand me.  WIDCOMM does not replace MS Bluetooth
stack, it installs along side and adds addition Bluetooth support.

You didn't say you tried pairing.  What device you are you trying to pair to
the computer and what Bluetooth functionality you are trying to use?

Microsoft's Bluetooth is limited. Widcomm lets you configure a
Bluetooth audio but I can not with Microsoft's

  • Re: Bluetooth failed after 10.3 -> 10.4
    ... That fixed it, archive and install didn't. ... I did however, have the Bluetooth pane. ... The Bluetooth icon is missing, and clicking on most of the menu bar ... I ran the Apple hardware test cd but as far as I can tell this does not ...
    (comp.sys.mac.system)
  • Re: Debian Wheezy - HP Pavilion dm1
    ... so I stick to the free driver. ... What is more puzzling is the fact that you didn't see any improvements with your non-free install. ... When I first bought this computer, its ralink chipset was receiving no support from any of the linux flavors except for openSUSE. ... Just for the bluetooth, I suggest installing Blueman applet for XFCE, which is available in Debian Repositories. ...
    (Debian-User)
  • USB plug-n-play fails on Bluetooth dongle upgrade
    ... I uninstalled a Kensington bluetooth ... USB adapter and later tried to install a bluetooth ... vendor) driver set? ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware)
  • Re: Recovery CD
    ... Thanks for that but after install still the same problem. ... I have decided to re-install windows next week so see it that will put it right, ... If it installs then restart and try to install the Toshiba Bluetooth ... Under Network adapters I have got 2 Bluetooth items, 1, Bluetooth personal area network-packet scheduler miniport and 2 ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Bluetooth Desktop Issues - my mouse is M.I.A
    ... Install those and follow the instructions. ... BlueTooth Desktop a little while after I got it. ... > previous mouse and keyboard needs to remain connected at ... >>until Windows XP Service Pack 2 is released. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware)