Re: Problem with DVD-RW Drive

Peter

"dROK83" <guest@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:fb7fcbb7191537e23ed4c8476e45102f@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Ok, so i have a Samsung SH-S223Q Drive. It was working fine for a
while, then suddenly it won't read any cd's or dvd's. Basically what
happens is, i insert a cd and the drive disappears from my computer and
device manager. I can scan for system changes and the drive shows back
up, but if i try to run the cd it disappears again. Haven't been able
to find the same problem on here after searching. Found similar
problems but none of the those fixes seem to work.

I noticed, after going to 'Welcome to Samsung Electronics ODD Division'
(http://www.samsungodd.com) that i am running the SB00 firmware, and
SB03 is currently available. But when i try and use their "One Click
Firmware Upgrade Method" it downloads, begins to run, and while
attempting to download the latest firmware it says "download failed" and
reboots my computer. it has done this a number of times and i contacted
their support and have recieved no response. not to mention i'm not
even sure if this will fix the problem. i am just assuming that maybe
there is some compatibility issue with Firmware version SB00 and Vista.

I am currently running Windows Vista Home Premium 64bit, AMD Phenom
9950 Quad Core 2.6, w/ 8GB of ram. And like i said before it is a
Samsung SH-S223Q. If anyone can help me with this it would be greatly
appreciated, and if there is a discusion about this already, please
provide a link, but like i said, after searching i couldn't find one
that matched my specific problem.

Thank you.

--
dROK83

  • Problem with DVD-RW Drive
    ... after going to 'Welcome to Samsung Electronics ODD Division' ... Firmware Upgrade Method" it downloads, begins to run, and while ... attempting to download the latest firmware it says "download failed" and ... I am currently running Windows Vista Home Premium 64bit, ...
  • Re: DVD Rom problem -help needed
    ... > Below is the link for the download of firmware for your samsung DVD Combo ... > Please download the Bin file and exe file and save it to a specific folder. ... > you encounter problems during the upgrade, ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware)
  • Re: Lion to come on thumb drive in August
    ... will the average non-geek user, who doesn't have a bootable backup ... Next, Lion Internet Recovery will ... download and start from a Recovery HD image. ... Not necessarily a lot to keep in firmware. ...
    (comp.sys.mac.system)
  • Re: Info: BE to Sky - Line rates & TG585v7 Modem/Router
    ... throwing a spare modem/router at the line gave an ADSL2+ connection ... up a slow download running at 10kB/s for each 24hr period. ... Netgear DG830PN with DG Team firmware. ...
    (uk.telecom.broadband)
  • Re: usb device failed to start after the system resumed from hibernation
    ... The driver is a loader which to download the firmware into the device. ... At first, it is working well, hibernating, resuming, hibernating again, ...