Re: Direct X and Hardeware Acceleration???

What graphics chip/card do you have? You may have one that does not support DirectX9 drivers.

"Mindjakk" <guest@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:ecca4885f7c5dbe632449bd3d522ce58@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Thanks for all the info, here is where I stand...

My card is PCI-E 16X
I only have the one slot on my MB so I can't switch it to another
I unfortunately don't have another box to try it in I have tried
software diagnostics and everything comes back fine.
Both my chipset and Graphics card are completely compatible, everything
is actually setup to support a DirectX system.
My power levels seem good
To be completely honest I built this box back in February and I have
never checked to see if the Direct X was working correctly, never had a
problem until now.

Thanks.

--
Mindjakk

  • Re: Direct X and Hardeware Acceleration???
    ... support DirectX9 drivers. ... My card is PCI-E 16X ... Both my chipset and Graphics card are completely compatible, ...
  • need sound card advice for Beyond Good & Evil
    ... geforce5600 for graphics card but for sound card it displays "primary ... Reading the back of the game box at that late stage I found the game ... directx9-compatible sound card. ... that it wasn't compatible with directx9 but how about sb live, ...
    (comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.adventure)
  • Re: no full-screen live tv or replay without re-sizing
    ... I installed a nvidia 6200 card that had directx 9 support. ... Software won't overcome the hardware's inability for DirectX9 support (it's ... Jason Tsang - Microsoft MVP ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.mediacenter)
  • Re: no full-screen live tv or replay without re-sizing
    ... It wasn't the card, but I haven't had time to directly ... Software won't overcome the hardware's inability for DirectX9 support (it's ... Jason Tsang - Microsoft MVP ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.mediacenter)
  • Re: Direct X and Hardeware Acceleration???
    ... support DirectX9 drivers. ... Both my chipset and Graphics card are completely compatible, ... He posted a link to an image of DxDiag with the info on it in his original post. ...