Re: NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT

I have to update it for Windows 7 compatibility.

I downloaded the latest driver install package from nvdea's website.

I installed it by running the .exe

About 2/3 of the way through I got the pop-up box :

RunDLL

Error in C:\Windows\system32\NVCPL.DLL
Missing entry:ExportOEMDefaults

but then I ultimately got a driver successfully installed message in the InstallShield dialog.

Has my driver been successfully installed ?

"Bob" <bob@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:en4iSWeSKHA.4592@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I don't know why it's listed twice, but my advice is, if you are not having a problem leave it alone.

To put it another way - If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

"John A Grandy" <johnagrandy@g-mail-dot-com> wrote in message news:u0z88GeSKHA.1232@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Toshiba Satellite X205-SLi4
Windows Vista Ultimate 32-bit SP2

In Computer Management > Display adapters , I have NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT listed twice.

Does anyone know why that would be ?

Should I take any action ?

.