Re: NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT

I have to update it for Windows 7 compatibility.

I downloaded the latest driver install package from nvdea's website.

I installed it by running the .exe

About 2/3 of the way through I got the pop-up box :

RunDLL

Error in C:\Windows\system32\NVCPL.DLL
Missing entry:ExportOEMDefaults

but then I ultimately got a driver successfully installed message in the InstallShield dialog.

Has my driver been successfully installed ?

"Bob" <bob@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:en4iSWeSKHA.4592@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I don't know why it's listed twice, but my advice is, if you are not having a problem leave it alone.

To put it another way - If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

"John A Grandy" <johnagrandy@g-mail-dot-com> wrote in message news:u0z88GeSKHA.1232@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Toshiba Satellite X205-SLi4
Windows Vista Ultimate 32-bit SP2

In Computer Management > Display adapters , I have NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT listed twice.

Does anyone know why that would be ?

Should I take any action ?

  • Re: OK Windows fans, recommend me a computer
    ... there's only one remotely plausible way to install ... switched to the video output on the card by default (which I wasn't ... Windows could have detected the screen and put video on it. ... So I launched the driver installer from the disc manually ...
    (comp.sys.mac.advocacy)
  • Re: Printer fatal error during installation
    ... You meant you uninstalled your printer driver. ... Restart if necessary to get the hdw recognized by Vista. ... software,download and install the latest printer driver or software from ... The default printer setting may change after you install Windows Vista SP1 ...
  • Cant successfully load Windows!!
    ... I purchased an Alienware M51 7700 laptop in October. ... driver in order for the Windows install CD to see the drive. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Is any part of Ethernet circuitry tied to Open Firmware?
    ... an operating system (Windows) must be ... The Mac is, but we're talking about Windows here, dumbkopf! ... There is no driver for the DSL modem. ... during the ordinary OS X install process. ...
    (comp.sys.mac.system)
  • Re: Universal sound card?
    ... Decided to install within windows on a laptop. ... I don't really know the technicalities of an install to a file in a Windows ... translation layer which may eat up some of the memory seen by the kernel. ... Possibly there wasn't a driver for it in Ubuntu because the driver for your ...
    (comp.os.linux.hardware)