Re: Device Manager auto-search internet & download/install

Never update drivers via the generic automatic updates. They are often outdated.

Update drivers on your OEM's or device manufacturer's website.

"John A Grandy" <johnagrandy@g-mail-dot-com> wrote in message news:%234kv9HeSKHA.352@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
When using Computer Management > Device Manager :

Generally speaking is it a good idea to let it automatically search the internet for the latest device driver , download it , and install it ?

How well does this technology work ?

Thanks.

  • Re: Problem updating chipset drivers
    ... RobHarv wrote: ... > manufacturer's website, but when I try to update drivers in Device ... > Manager, it says my current software is best. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Problem updating chipset drivers
    ... How do I update my chipset drivers? ... manufacturer's website, but when I try to update drivers in Device Manager, ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: xp patches
    ... Make sure that you have to update drivers for your printer ... try going to canon's website and look for drivers. ... Alvin ... barbara wrote: ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware)