Device Manager auto-search internet & download/install

When using Computer Management > Device Manager :

Generally speaking is it a good idea to let it automatically search the internet for the latest device driver , download it , and install it ?

How well does this technology work ?

Thanks.

  • RE: all usb ports not communicating
    ... > They are internal and show as working properly in device manager. ... problem as you are experiencing. ... re-install this so-called operating system. ... And NEVER connect to the Internet! ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • "Other PCI Device"
    ... My IBM T30 Laptop has a device showing up in the device manager that it ... cannot find a device driver for. ... Subsystem Vendor 1014h IBM ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.hardware)
  • Re: Comp keeps restarting over and over again!!!! Help
    ... The most typical cause is a bad device driver ... Are there any yellow question marks in Device Manager? ... the My Computer icon on your Desktop and select Properties, ... computer started restarting like crazy out of nothing. ...
  • Re: Error Code BCCode : 100000d1
    ... The most typical cause is a bad device driver ... Are there any yellow question marks in Device Manager? ... If yes what is the Device Error code? ... After restart, and log into windows, it give me error code: ...
  • Re: Blue Screen arrrgggg!
    ... Background information on Stop Error message ... The most typical cause is a bad device driver ... (one that uses improper addresses). ... Are there any yellow question marks in Device Manager? ...