Re: DVD RW not reading blank DVD disks, thinks no disk is in the drive

See the following

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/939052/en-us

--
Peter

"LenaBru" <guest@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:cc9c06061424048318ce034ecb8a76a2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi

I have a Toshiba A100 laptop with vista home premium installed on it.

I am trying to burn DVD disks on my laptop, and when i insert a disk it
says i don't have a disk in the drive and i should input one.

I tried several DVD disks, including a rewritable one.

I looked at a similar Toshiba laptop, and it does write DVD disks.

I don't know how long i've had this prob since, i use this option very
rarely.

Is there a way to fix the DVD drive without replacing it? and keeping
reinstalling windows as last option ? (I'm not sure reinstalling will
help)

The drive does read DVD disks that have something on them.
The drive does burn CD type disks

--
LenaBru

.