Re: Problem with NVIDIA Ge Force Go 7900 GS

"LT" <mltagg@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:eJ6DWa4RKHA.352@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi all
Ever since I did a Windows update back in July, my video card has been acting up. While I'm using the computer the image on the screen starts breaking up, then I get a black screen. I have to force the computer for a shut down. After so many re starts I get a message saying " Display Driver Stopped working and has recovered.
I can use the computer for a little while, and then I get the same problem again. I took my computer to fix when I started experiencing this problem. All they did was clean the fan they said the video cards was good.

I have a Toshiba Satellite P105-S9339 bought in June 2007
Windows Vista Ultimate SP2
4 GB Ram 32 bit
Internet Explorer 7
I know a few people here had the same problem. Did someone found the fix for it?
TIA
LT

It sounds like the video chip is overheating. Try cleaning out the vents.

  • Problem with NVIDIA Ge Force Go 7900 GS
    ... Ever since I did a Windows update back in July, my video card has been ... acting up. ... I took my computer to fix when I started experiencing this problem. ...
  • Re: IE 8 - Manage Addons - Does not have WuWeb Active X control li
    ... When you say running the Fix It in, e.g., Aggressive mode "fails," do you mean the Fix It won't run/you cannot run it or the Fix It doesn't correct the problem? ... there's a very good chance that MSE did not install properly and is not working properly. ... "MrSoftware" wrote: ... So the Windows Update problem started when you had AVG installed: ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsupdate)
  • Re: Hardware reticensy
    ... I submit to you my plain request as wether exchanging my video card ... would fix the fault. ... Although in relevant README from Fedora 6 release I did not noticed ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: Q811493 hotfix
    ... after installing the Q811493 hotfix. ... Hopefully we'll see a fix soon. ... >Microsoft has stated they are working on the cause, ... >> Windows Update, installing the Q811493 update as suggested. ...
  • Re: Crap SP3 update
    ... Windows Update now fail. ... have tried all the tricks to fix the problem that worked for me ... I will NOT install SP3 on any of our machines at the office because ... If it asks you to install anything before you see a selection of "Custom" ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsupdate)