Re: DVD RW not reading blank DVD disks, thinks no disk is in the drive

Curious;1154433 Wrote:
Have you tried not inserting the blank DVD until your DVD burner
program
tells you you have to?

"LenaBru" <guest@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:cc9c06061424048318ce034ecb8a76a2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> > >

Hi

I have a Toshiba A100 laptop with vista home premium installed on
it.

I am trying to burn DVD disks on my laptop, and when i insert a disk
it
says i don't have a disk in the drive and i should input one.

I tried several DVD disks, including a rewritable one.

I looked at a similar Toshiba laptop, and it does write DVD disks.

I don't know how long i've had this prob since, i use this option
very
rarely.

Is there a way to fix the DVD drive without replacing it? and
keeping
reinstalling windows as last option ? (I'm not sure reinstalling
will
help)

The drive does read DVD disks that have something on them.
The drive does burn CD type disks

--
LenaBru > >

Yes I have.