Re: DVD RW not reading blank DVD disks, thinks no disk is in the drive

Curious;1154433 Wrote:
Have you tried not inserting the blank DVD until your DVD burner
program
tells you you have to?

"LenaBru" <guest@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:cc9c06061424048318ce034ecb8a76a2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> > >

Hi

I have a Toshiba A100 laptop with vista home premium installed on
it.

I am trying to burn DVD disks on my laptop, and when i insert a disk
it
says i don't have a disk in the drive and i should input one.

I tried several DVD disks, including a rewritable one.

I looked at a similar Toshiba laptop, and it does write DVD disks.

I don't know how long i've had this prob since, i use this option
very
rarely.

Is there a way to fix the DVD drive without replacing it? and
keeping
reinstalling windows as last option ? (I'm not sure reinstalling
will
help)

The drive does read DVD disks that have something on them.
The drive does burn CD type disks

--
LenaBru > >

Yes I have.

--
LenaBru

  • Re: VHS to DVD conversion
    ... You may have to alter the quality of the DVD recording to something less ... However I am declining to convert all of my VHS tapes to ... VHS tapes will outlast DVD disks - the latter suffering from bit rot ...
    (uk.people.silversurfers)
  • Re: DVD burning
    ... There are car stereo CD players and home players that will play MP3's burned ... onto CD's but not on DVD disks. ... As a side note there are also many home DVD players that will also play ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.moviemaker)
  • Re: DVD Upgrade
    ... I have a Dell desktop computer & a Toshiba LapTop. ... My Dell desktop has a Optical DVD-ROM ... The LapTop has a regular DVD -R/RW player. ... I have some DVD disks and only the Optical DVD-ROM can read/play the ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware)
  • dvd drive does not recognize dvd disks
    ... I have a Sony VAIO and since upgrading to XP the DVD ... drive does not recognize dvd disks or even that a dvd ... Tried updating, uninstalling, the device driver ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.video)
  • dvd drive does not recognize dvd disks
    ... I would try updating the firmware of the DVD-ROM. ... >I have a Sony VAIO and since upgrading to XP the DVD ... >drive does not recognize dvd disks or even that a dvd ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.video)