Re: How do i backup my files if my USB ports won't work

Richard Urban wrote:
"djlewi07" <djlewi07.3zjwbc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:djlewi07.3zjwbc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hello. I am having serious issues with my laptop. A couple of months ago
(around April) the hardrive of my HP Pavillion DV 9000 completely
crashed and my father replaced it for me. But I'm having serious issues
again:
-I can't burn c.d.s and I can't watch dvds
-I can't turn on my webcam
-The USB ports have completely stopped working.

I would like to backup my data before I get a new computer. I bought an
external hard drive to take a picture of a computer as it is now, but,
of course, it didn't work because none of my usb ports will not work. I
don't know what to do. Is there another way to save all my data without
using the usb ports of the cd drive?

--
djlewi07
djlewi07's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/141106.htm

http://forums.techarena.in

Take the drive out of the laptop and install it in an external enclosure. Then connect it up to a well functioning computer so you can get at your files.

Good advice.

You will probably need an adapter for your laptop harddrive

but they are only a few dollars

  • Re: How do i backup my files if my USB ports wont work
    ... the hardrive of my HP Pavillion DV 9000 completely ... I would like to backup my data before I get a new computer. ... it didn't work because none of my usb ports will not work. ...
    ... "djlewi07" wrote in message ... the hardrive of my HP Pavillion DV 9000 completely ... it didn't work because none of my usb ports will not work. ...
  • How do i backup my files if my USB ports wont work
    ... I am having serious issues with my laptop. ... the hardrive of my HP Pavillion DV 9000 completely ... it didn't work because none of my usb ports will not work. ...
  • pavillion a530n missing usb
    ... My Pavillion a530n has 4 usb ports at the back, ... connection was made, but nothing is recognized. ... Prev by Date: ...
    (comp.sys.hp.hardware)
  • Re: USB Device Not Recognized...
    ... I was hoping that my Vista would still work with ... Bought his laptop with a Dell printer... ... got a Canon... ... BTW, all the USB ports have been tried with mice, memory sticks, etc ...