Re: My dvd drive on my dell studio 17 is no longer seen by vista

Also see the following

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/314060

--
Peter

"Ghost 36" <Ghost36@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:E2122E58-31DD-4E3D-9F0D-00ECD4BE2020@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I have a Dell studio 17 laptop that no longer reconise the dvd drive, I was
told that a solution existed on the Microsoft knowadge site and when I
followed what it said I found that the registry entry for the dvd drive had
been deleted.

I have e-mailed microsoft tech support about half a dozen time asking how to
correct this problem and I have heard nothing from them.

Please does anybody know how I can renter the the missing section in to the
registry.

  • Re: My dvd drive on my dell studio 17 is no longer seen by vista
    ... was told that a solution existed on the Microsoft knowadge site and when I ... followed what it said I found that the registry entry for the dvd drive ... I have e-mailed microsoft tech support about half a dozen time asking how ... Turn the machine off, unplug it if plugged in, and remove the battery. ...
  • Re: MaxConnections
    ... So IE only ever makes 2 concurrent requests and will block until each ... complains of unknown attribute with maxconnectionS. ... only by available system resources or the MaxConnections registry entry. ...
  • Re: in query expression MSysAccounts.name. ERROR
    ... Thanks for all the assistance. ... I even went through the knowledge base ... article and manually deleted every file and registry entry associated with ... Then I re-installed Office. ...
    (microsoft.public.access.security)
  • My dvd drive on my dell studio 17 is no longer seen by vista
    ... I have a Dell studio 17 laptop that no longer reconise the dvd drive, ... told that a solution existed on the Microsoft knowadge site and when I ... followed what it said I found that the registry entry for the dvd drive had ...