Re: My dvd drive on my dell studio 17 is no longer seen by vista

Also see the following

"Ghost 36" <Ghost36@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:E2122E58-31DD-4E3D-9F0D-00ECD4BE2020@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I have a Dell studio 17 laptop that no longer reconise the dvd drive, I was
told that a solution existed on the Microsoft knowadge site and when I
followed what it said I found that the registry entry for the dvd drive had
been deleted.

I have e-mailed microsoft tech support about half a dozen time asking how to
correct this problem and I have heard nothing from them.

Please does anybody know how I can renter the the missing section in to the