Re: My dvd drive on my dell studio 17 is no longer seen by vista

Ghost 36 wrote:

I have a Dell studio 17 laptop that no longer reconise the dvd drive, I
was told that a solution existed on the Microsoft knowadge site and when I
followed what it said I found that the registry entry for the dvd drive
had been deleted.

I have e-mailed microsoft tech support about half a dozen time asking how
correct this problem and I have heard nothing from them.

Please does anybody know how I can renter the the missing section in to
the registry.

It might be a hardware problem. Is the drive seen in the BIOS? Can you boot
with a bootable CD/DVD? If yes, then the issue is with Windows. If no...

Turn the machine off, unplug it if plugged in, and remove the battery. Now
remove the DVD drive. Refer to your manual or Dell's tech support site if
you don't know how to do this. Now put the drive back in, put in the
battery, start Windows. Is the drive seen now? If not, contact Dell tech
support.

Malke
--
MS-MVP
Elephant Boy Computers - Don't Panic!

  • Re: My dvd drive on my dell studio 17 is no longer seen by vista
    ... Requests for assistance by email can not and will not be acknowledged. ... told that a solution existed on the Microsoft knowadge site and when I ... followed what it said I found that the registry entry for the dvd drive had ...
  • My dvd drive on my dell studio 17 is no longer seen by vista
    ... I have a Dell studio 17 laptop that no longer reconise the dvd drive, ... told that a solution existed on the Microsoft knowadge site and when I ... followed what it said I found that the registry entry for the dvd drive had ...