Re: ATI Sapphire 4850 1GB HDMI

"Tae Song" <tae_song@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:E899F744-CA53-402F-8C20-D3C413DF1B39@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
"nCage" <guest@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:42983935951034f35b02181b8a73cf94@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi All,
I re-start a much debated topic - no audio via HDMI to TV...
i have a Windows Vista/32, and m2n-e Asus mobo (with integrated audio
7.1 in it)
as i plugged the VC and installed the 9.9 catalyst drivers i noticed in
device manager that there are unrecognized devices (2). i'm not sure why
the auto detect hardware option of the catalyst installer does not
detect the on-board audio of the VC and does not install the HD audio
driver :(. I tried to install it manually but (being not an expert) all
AA01, AAxx (do not know what are these for but i tried them all) do not
want to start.
Still video is ok it is only the audio that does not got through the
hdmi port. for me the main reason is the ATI HD audio driver does not
install.
as soon as i see it installed and active i know that i should visit the
playback devices and set the hdmi one as default.

if anyone has confronted this kind of issue please share your
experience.

thanks and cheers.

--
nCage

Google ATI HDMI DRIVER and what do you find...

http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownload/windows/pages/hdmi_xp.aspx?&lang=English

Operating system = Windows XP

  • Re: Help! Major Memory Installation Issue
    ... the "HD Audio Driver and Application" option. ... Here's the "log" from the install attempt: ... When I try to play a system sound, ...
    (alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus)
  • Re: Help! Major Memory Installation Issue
    ... the "HD Audio Driver and Application" option. ... Here's the "log" from the install attempt: ... I didn't touch this UAA Bus Driver for High Definition Audio. ...
    (alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus)
  • Re: Help! Major Memory Installation Issue
    ... the "HD Audio Driver and Application" option. ... Here's the "log" from the install attempt: ... I didn't touch this UAA Bus Driver for High Definition Audio. ...
    (alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus)
  • Re: Sigmatel Audio - Intel D945GNT Motherboard
    ... wonder if it works this way and the issue is only around componentization of the driver. ... deploy the image and make sure the driver install is ok. ... SigmaTel Audio driver - but when you open the audio control panel item it shows no audio device, no playback device, no midi ... "Microsoft Kernel Acoustic Echo Canceller", ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.embedded)
  • Re: No Audio on KV8-X
    ... SoundMax control panel available in my system tray and don't see ... I tried a couple but I still don't see any other audio device. ... This is the driver I'd be interested in. ... It means the install is not complete in some way. ...
    (alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus)