Re: Fax modem not transmitting voice signal
- From: "Dave T." <Dave@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sun, 04 Oct 2009 08:11:23 -0700
Dominic Payer wrote:
You need a program to act as a telephone handset if you want Windows to process your voice calls and not just dial them.
On 04/10/2009 01:30, Dave T. wrote:Hi group.
My machine is Vista Home Premium SP2. It came with a CXT PCI Soft Data
Fax Modem installed, and Realtek High Definition Audio.
My question is this; Shouldn't this modem be able to transmit voice
signals over an analog phone line? When I connect my phone line to the
RJ11 connector of the modem I am able to use windows phone dialer to
dial out, make a connection, and I can hear the party on the other end,
but they can't hear me. I have tested the microphone by recording my
voice on windows sound recorder, so I know it works. What am I missing?
Thanks Dominic, I guess that's what I'm missing. I've done this on other machines in the past with no problem, but that was then. Thanks again.
- Prev by Date: My dvd drive on my dell studio 17 is no longer seen by vista
- Next by Date: Re: My dvd drive on my dell studio 17 is no longer seen by vista
- Previous by thread: Re: Fax modem not transmitting voice signal
- Next by thread: CDDVDW TS-L632H ATA Device - error code 10