Fax modem not transmitting voice signal

Hi group.
My machine is Vista Home Premium SP2. It came with a CXT PCI Soft Data Fax Modem installed, and Realtek High Definition Audio.
My question is this; Shouldn't this modem be able to transmit voice signals over an analog phone line? When I connect my phone line to the RJ11 connector of the modem I am able to use windows phone dialer to dial out, make a connection, and I can hear the party on the other end, but they can't hear me. I have tested the microphone by recording my voice on windows sound recorder, so I know it works. What am I missing?

Dave T.

  • Can sound recorder capture from modem?
    ... Can I use the Windows Sound Recorder to capture a phone conversation through ... the modem (connected as an extension to my phone line), ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Unimodem does support Full-Duplex (at least in some way)!
    ... in the modem DDK... ... When you say with Windows Phone Dialer you can listen an talk ... Phone Dialer switches direction by detecting your voice, ... It uses TAPI3 media streaming (and no wave devices) for bridging, ...
    (microsoft.public.win32.programmer.tapi)
  • Re: Cannot hear anything
    ... You really should test this with the Windows Phone Dialer. ... modem or a serial port problem (if your modem is connected ... to a serial port) like a resource conflict etc. ... > my laptop speakers for a while 50 secs at the most and then it stops. ...
    (microsoft.public.win32.programmer.tapi)
  • Re: Modem cuts out when about to play wave file
    ... > Windows Phone Dialer is still present on XP. ... Wow, dialer has come a long way, haven't looked at that since win98... ... In the modem options I turn off "wait for dialtone before dialing" ... When I call the modem from my handy, I click on the option to 'Take ...
    (microsoft.public.win32.programmer.tapi)
  • Re: urgent - pls help
    ... The only stupid question is the unasked one. ... > a Netgear wireless router. ... I believe Comcast is a cable modem. ... DSL runs off the phone line (RJ11 connector) and uses very ...
    (comp.dcom.xdsl)