Re: Slow keyboard after upgrade to Vista/IE8

Ladybug,

My Dell Studio 1555 (vista x64) has the same issue - brand new
computer. I have had it since June and it has not worked YET! The
keyboard buffer seems to be slow and half the time I hit a key, it
doesn't display the key (makes for hell with passwords). Do you have
problems with cut and paste, as well? I noticed that I cannot cut and
paste - buffer problems - it doesn't copy to the buffer, or it hangs on
the paste (force reboot - even task manager won't kill it).

Dell is now (changed their story) telling me that I have malware (a
catch-all,I think). I'm running yet another AV scan with yet another
product (#3) and haven't found anything yet - and don't think I will - I
manage a cyber forensics team for a living (not computer repair), so not
likely (though I'm running my toolkit against it - nothing yet).

Now, my computer started blue-screening - when I touch it (move it - it
is a laptop!). And, it blue screens every time I use it.

I'm trying to figure out if this is hardware or software. I'm guessing
(only guessing) that it might have something to do with
memory/motherboard (since Dell has replaced my keyboard and hard drive).

Thoughts?

-jml

--
jmlsys

  • Re: Slow keyboard after upgrade to Vista/IE8
    ... Is it correct that the new computer you bought 2 months ago has NEVER worked correctly for even one day since the day you bought it and that that when you contact Dell they do not provide any support nor do the offer to replace it? ... paste - buffer problems - it doesn't copy to the buffer, ... I'm guessing ...
  • [OT] Re: How, exactly, does kbhit( ) work?
    ... > I'm interested in finding a way to test the keyboard buffer ... _kbhit() is a low level function. ... Execution halts on the first getchar(). ... moved to the keyboard buffer by conio routines. ...
    (comp.lang.c)
  • Re: some_codes_problems
    ... Disables interrupts. ... Get pointer to next character in keyboard buffer into ax (1Ah is the ... Move ax into "pointer to last character in keyboard buffer". ...
    (comp.lang.asm.x86)
  • Re: some_codes_problems
    ... Get pointer to next character in keyboard buffer into ax ... This scancode is based on the "row/column" of the pressed key - these are mostly ignored, except for "shift" and a few others - the state of which is stored in the BDA). ... The result of this lookup, say it's 'a', is stored in the keyboard buffer, and the "next pointer" is advanced. ...
    (comp.lang.asm.x86)
  • Re: some_codes_problems
    ... i cant undrestand some of assembly codes. ... offset of this pointer into the BDA) ... stored in the keyboard buffer, ... code above is manipulating to simulate a "keyboard buffer empty" condition. ...
    (comp.lang.asm.x86)