Re: USB drive Initialization error

krazyl;1123830 Wrote:
What does it identify in device manager as?? Is it actually the drive
you have that shows up???
::In device manager it is identified exactly for what it is: Maxtor
OneTouch 2 USB Device.
In Disk Management utility it is identified as Disk # Unknown, 189.92
GB, Not Initialized.
::::On my old system which runs XP Pro. It works just fine. It has a
password protection and perhaps that is the problem.
Is there any way to erase this disk completely so it would be like it
just came from the manufacturer? ::
::Thank you guys for your help. ::

--
GMZ

    ... removed the array for this disk when it failed though. ... prtconf seems to know all disks: ... cfgadm does not list the disk c1t6d0: ...
    (SunManagers)
  • mini DVD-R
    ... I have a mini DVD-R that was recorded with a Panasonic VDR-D250 camcorder. ... But Ubuntu does not recognize the the VIDEO_TS folder ... on the disk. ... unknown type, unknown date, unknown owner etc. ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Re: mini DVD-R
    ... But Ubuntu does not recognize the the VIDEO_TS folder ... on the disk. ... unknown type, unknown date, unknown owner etc. ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • cfgadm problem
    ... I have problems after replacing internal Sun Fire 880 FC disk. ... is old disk which was not removed from configuration, ...
    (comp.unix.solaris)
  • Re: adding san disk...how to?
    ... What do you want to do with SVM as this is a SAN disk in most cases ... I ran devfsadm and see the new disk via cfgadm -al: ... Using SVM I guess I metainit d200 1 1 the first device and metattach ...
    (comp.sys.sun.admin)