Re: Slow keyboard after upgrade to Vista/IE8

Hi, Ladybug.

We can't see your keyboard and you've told us SO LITTLE about it that we can't give competent advice. :>(

All we can do is make a few guesses - also known as a stab in the (VERY) dark.

My current keyboard is a Microsoft Wireless Laser 6000 v.2.0. It communicates with the computer via a 2.4 GHz transceiver plugged into a USB port. When I plug the USB transceiver into the motherboard port on the back of the computer case, the keyboard often freezes up for a minute or two at a time, usually right in the middle of typing a word - like I'm doing now. I can fix that easily enough by moving the USB transceiver to my 4-port USB hub on the end of a cable, which lets the transceiver sit about 2 feet closer to the keyboard. (But when I need to dual-boot from Win7 into Vista, I have to move the transceiver back to the mobo port because the USB hub doesn't work until Windows loads its drivers.)

If we knew as much about your keyboard and its problem as I've told you about mine, we probably could help you.

RC
--
R. C. White, CPA
San Marcos, TX

"ladybug13" <guest@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:e317e963996278d5e857921be4341c71@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

After upgrading to Vista X64 from XP, as well as to IE8, my keyboard
can't keep up. Worse on some websites (like banking website) than
others. Any ideas?
Thanks.

.