Re: Slow keyboard after upgrade to Vista/IE8

Hi, Ladybug.

We can't see your keyboard and you've told us SO LITTLE about it that we can't give competent advice. :>(

All we can do is make a few guesses - also known as a stab in the (VERY) dark.

My current keyboard is a Microsoft Wireless Laser 6000 v.2.0. It communicates with the computer via a 2.4 GHz transceiver plugged into a USB port. When I plug the USB transceiver into the motherboard port on the back of the computer case, the keyboard often freezes up for a minute or two at a time, usually right in the middle of typing a word - like I'm doing now. I can fix that easily enough by moving the USB transceiver to my 4-port USB hub on the end of a cable, which lets the transceiver sit about 2 feet closer to the keyboard. (But when I need to dual-boot from Win7 into Vista, I have to move the transceiver back to the mobo port because the USB hub doesn't work until Windows loads its drivers.)

If we knew as much about your keyboard and its problem as I've told you about mine, we probably could help you.

RC
--
R. C. White, CPA
San Marcos, TX

"ladybug13" <guest@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:e317e963996278d5e857921be4341c71@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

After upgrading to Vista X64 from XP, as well as to IE8, my keyboard
can't keep up. Worse on some websites (like banking website) than
others. Any ideas?
Thanks.

  • Re: System has recovered from a serious error
    ... It's worth a try plugging the mouse into its own port instead of the port ... Updates are coming out as needed. ... is indicative of USB 2.0 as opposed to 1.1. ... > contacted the guy on eBay who sold me the Gateway keyboard ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics)
  • Re: iMac questions-buddy gave me one, but no mouse or keyboard....
    ... CD-RW drives) ... VGA - you have a VGA-compatible video-out port. ... You can use any generic USB ones. ... I recommend getting the Apple keyboard. ...
    (comp.sys.mac.hardware.misc)
  • Re: Hello
    ... is just an upgrade and even if will do so will be with a lot of bugs. ... So better you will install a fresh installation of windows xp. ... USB ... keyboard wouldn't load until after the OS loaded. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics)
  • Re: Who"s sending the cookies?
    ... It may be a device in conflict with the keyboard. ... These were of Win 9x/Me generation motherboards that didn't ... where USB didn't work, although the port existed. ...
    (alt.computer.security)
  • Re: Can you help?
    ... I was able to take pics off of my camera until my keyboard got wet. ... When I replaced the keyboard with a model with no USB port attached, I was forced to use another port. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.photos)