Re: Xbox Live Vision Camera

If it never worked even in Windows XP I'd assume the camera is faulty.

"DRCL" <guest@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:c46e7082db41bc5d8b043aca870d98dd@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Well, when I had XP I never actually got the cam to work completely, but
it did show up on Messenger as a working camera, but it froze the
program when I tried to use it..

I tried installing it on Vista and have looked for solutions, but it
won't work with anything.
I have used guides to make it work, but I don't come up with the same
stuff.
When I go to the device manager it has something about Microsoft
Security --- but nothing about the actual vision cam as I read in some
places.

So, if anyone can give me a guide on how to actually make this work,
that'd be great.

Thanks.

--
DRCL

  • firewire iBot & WebCamDV webcams w/ XP
    ... However, Messenger ... acting the same way as WebCam DV described below - see ... recognized the firewire iBOT for video conferencing. ... settings because either your camera is not plugged in to ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.messenger)
  • Re: webcam/dvcam
    ... There are actually two different video functions within MSN Messenger 6.x. ... "Webcam" function, which is tested by the "Web Camera Settings" dialog, basically supports ... There are a few drivers that you can use to use the built-in MSN Messenger "Webcam" function ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.messenger)
  • Re: Question fo MVP
    ... fine on everything except MSN Mess 6.1. ... From what I can tell it's not driver ... > Recently I bought Alaris Parallel port Web camera. ... Yahoo Messenger and DK Messenger work fine as ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.messenger)
  • Re: MSN Messenger and Logitech QuickCam Express
    ... Microsoft MVP - Windows Messenger/MSN Messenger ... All posts unless otherwise specified are 2004 Jonathan Kay. ... > located under Other Downloads for this camera. ... Messenger sees it as a Web Cam, ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.messenger)
  • Re: Thom Hogan
    ... >The subject person writes guides to various camera's and his excursions in ... I have briefly examined his web site and ... >have access to one of his e-books on a camera model not related to my DSLR. ... I tried to buy a copy of the Nikon Field Guide, ...
    (rec.photo.digital)