Re: DVD drive uninstalled??

Did you Upgrade to Vista from XP recently ?

--
Peter

"Steve " <sepapp@xxxxxxx> wrote in message news:8BEFC489-3B99-41E1-8495-CFA55C283A6D@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Greetings:

I'm running windows Vista on an HP Pavilion. Recently, I went to use my DVD ROM and discovered the icon was missing from "My computer"......

This happened before with XP, and with XP I removed the appropriate Upper and Lower filters in the registry, restarted, and all was well.

I tried this with vista and the upper and lower filters were not present.

I ran a system profile and found my drive (HL DT ST DVD RAM GH IOL) was listed as uninstalled.

Can anyone help with this problem? I would be most grateful for any nfo. -Steve

  • Re: Windows Vista Trial Version
    ... as there is no trial version of Vista available. ... home pageon my desktop in the upper left hand corner which ... Go Sox ...
  • Re: Does anyone know what happened to the file, search command?
    ... If you're using Word 2007 in Vista... ... you can search using the search box in the upper right corner of any file dialog box. ... I don't have any good suggestions for you except to go directly to Windows Explorer. ... Blog: http://word2007bible.herbtyson.com ...
    (microsoft.public.word.docmanagement)
  • Re: Favorite links?
    ... Links" in the upper let corner. ... *There are no dumb questions, just the people that do not ask ... '*Windows Vista Forums*' ... *Please post feedback to help others.* ...
  • Re: Office XP Help Files in Windows Vista
    ... in the upper right corner and then place the question mark cursor over a potential check box item, and then Vista displays, "Why can't I get Help from this program?". ... You're right, if I go to Help from the top menu items, "Help" works, but it is near impossible sometimes to find the help on these option dialog boxes. ...
    (microsoft.public.office.misc)
  • Cant Choose Printer in Word
    ... Since I got a new printer with Vista on it, I can not choose how to print in ... I print through the windows menu in the upper left. ... printing the current page instead of the entire document. ...