Re: MCE wont find channels when my OTA tuner is part of the tuners, why? Can I manually..

I don't understand what you think you are getting when you configure manually since the HDHR and the Aver ATSC tuner only receive digital channels.
What are the Analog channel numbers that you believe you are receiving using the manual configuration from the HDHR and ATSC tuner?
Are you using an antenna or cable to receive the digital channels?

"crewxp" <guest@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:3b0e4a033c7e918afa7a6d77394337c5@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hey, I just installed the Windows 7 RTM build from Technet. I also just
purchased an AverTV Combo M780 Tuner (for the analog and OTA). I already
had a HDHomeRun which gave me 2 ATSC Digital signals.

But I'm having trouble configuring all the tuners in Media Center... I
can get the Analog working fine, and the 2 HDHomeRun tuners.... Although
the MCE only detects HD signals from HDHomeRun if I AUTOMATICALLY setup
the TV Signal. But if I select automatic, it doesn't configure my
Digital tuner from my AverTV M780 (says AverTV Tuner 2 detected, but
will not be configured.. why?). If I manually configure my TV signal, it
uses all 3 tuners, but only finds analog channels. No digital channels
can be found.

Whats the best way to add all my tuners? Can I just do automatic, and
manually add OTA channels even though it didn't configure the ota
tuner?

-Finds Analog Channels
-Finds 4/30 Digital Channels
-DOESN'T CONFIGURE MY OTA DIGITAL TUNER FROM MY AVERTV M780 (ONLY USES
1 ANALOG, 2 HDHOMERUN ATSC TUNERS)

If I select manual TV Tuner ConfigutatioN:
-Finds Analog Channels
-DOESN'T FIND DIGITAL CHANNELS
-Says it uses all 4 tuners (1 analog, 2 HDHomeRun Tuners, 1 AverTV ATSC
Tuner)

--
crewxp

  • Re: Sky on freeview tv
    ... Manufacturers will almost certainly install both types of tuner, until all analogue transmitters have been switched off throughout the UK. ... So, provided your new TV has both types of tuner, you will be able to select the analogue tuner to receive output from your Sky receiver. ... And you will also be able to select the digital tuner to receive terrestrial digital channels. ... then he should use a Scart connection for the main TV - plus a separate RF connection to the TV in the kitchen. ...
    (uk.tech.tv.sky)
  • Re: Which QAM tuner to buy for COX Cable?
    ... monitor with DVI & HDMI input ports (no built-in tuner). ... With almost all cable systems' basic channel package there are some unencrypted digital channels. ... The digital channels are the HD feeds the local stations and their digital subchannels. ...
    (alt.tv.tech.hdtv)
  • Re: Sky on freeview tv
    ... Manufacturers will almost certainly install both types of tuner, ... all analogue transmitters have been switched off throughout the UK. ... the digital tuner to receive terrestrial digital channels (via your TV ... I agree that a Scart connection is always preferable in terms of picture ...
    (uk.tech.tv.sky)
  • Re: great digital tuner?
    ... > Some companies are advertising that the 451 receives HDTV ans SDTV, ... I own & use a Samsung T-451 digital tuner for OTA Digital ... scans for both unscrambled Digital and Analog Cable programs... ... I can get digital channels ...
    (alt.tv.tech.hdtv)
  • Re: Sony KDF-42we655 ATSC Tuner sucks
    ... built in ATSC tuner is probably having the same issue. ... improvement over the tuner in my Sony 42" RPTV. ... analog channels while your converter receives digital channels ...
    (alt.tv.tech.hdtv)