Re: DVD drive uninstalled??

Try right click on computer, select manage, select disk management to see if it shows up.

"Steve " <sepapp@xxxxxxx> wrote in message news:8BEFC489-3B99-41E1-8495-CFA55C283A6D@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Greetings:

I'm running windows Vista on an HP Pavilion. Recently, I went to use my DVD ROM and discovered the icon was missing from "My computer"......

This happened before with XP, and with XP I removed the appropriate Upper and Lower filters in the registry, restarted, and all was well.

I tried this with vista and the upper and lower filters were not present.

I ran a system profile and found my drive (HL DT ST DVD RAM GH IOL) was listed as uninstalled.

Can anyone help with this problem? I would be most grateful for any fo. -Steve

  • Re: DVD drive uninstalled??
    ... I'm running windows Vista on an HP Pavilion. ... I went to use my DVD ROM and discovered the icon was missing from "My computer"...... ... This happened before with XP, and with XP I removed the appropriate Upper and Lower filters in the registry, restarted, and all was well. ...
  • DVD drive uninstalled??
    ... I'm running windows Vista on an HP Pavilion. ... I went to use my DVD ROM and discovered the icon was missing from "My computer"...... ... This happened before with XP, and with XP I removed the appropriate Upper and Lower filters in the registry, restarted, and all was well. ...
  • DVD drive gone awol
    ... I'm running windows Vista on an HP Pavilion. ... I went to use my DVD ... and with XP I removed the appropriate Upper ... I tried this with vista and the upper and lower filters were not present. ...
  • DVD drive uninstalled??
    ... If you have access to an older computer running XP you might try it there. ... I went to use my DVD ROM and discovered the icon was missing from "My computer"...... ... This happened before with XP, and with XP I removed the appropriate Upper and Lower filters in the registry, restarted, and all was well. ...