Re: Unalocated Disk Space

"Curious" <spammenot@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:uG6$z7lIKHA.2516@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I thought the space might be the space reserved by the OS for restore points.

"Rick Rogers" <rick@xxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:eX1i2wlIKHA.4608@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi JamesJ,

It's a leftover bit from aligning the partition, quite normal.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"JamesJ" <jjy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:OGzrUdlIKHA.1340@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I have a 160mb internal hard drive with 1 partition (ntfs). Vista sp2.
When viewing drive info 3rd party software is showing the used space and also 10mb of unallocated space.
Anyone know what this unallocated space is?

Thanks,
James

10GB maybe, but not 10MB.

  • Re: Unalocated Disk Space
    ... That "unallocated space" is OUTSIDE any partition, so it's outside the NTFS file system and not accessible by Windows at all - except by Disk Management or another such utility capable of creating another partition. ... Rick Rogers, ...
  • Re: Unalocated Disk Space
    ... I interpreted the OP's post to mean that the had a 160GB HDD with 10GB unallocated and not a 160MB HDD with 10MB unallocated ... Also I have always been under the impression that the space for reserved restore points did not show up as allocated on a HDD partition. ... Rick Rogers, ... When viewing drive info 3rd party software is showing the used space and also 10mb of unallocated space. ...
  • Re: Blue Screen - Vista Home Edition
    ... Best of Luck, ... Rick Rogers, ... Windows help - www.rickrogers.org ... "DonP" wrote in message ...
  • Re: All programs try to use Excel to open
    ... Doug has an .exe file extension repair on that site as well, ... Best of Luck, ... >> Rick Rogers, ... >> Associate Expert - WindowsXP Expert Zone ...
  • Re: New Security Update
    ... Best of Luck, ... Rick Rogers, ... the advanced tab, uncheck "prompt for password....". ... Associate Expert - WinXP - Expert Zone ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics)