Re: Unalocated Disk Space

Ok

"Bill Daggett" <Daggett@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:jfet85tikm4s7g6mlkeccstp161aacvssl@xxxxxxxxxx
"JamesJ" <jjy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I don't plan on making adjustmnents. I was comparing that with the 10mb
non-allocated space on my drive

You have had an answer about that already: it's not that.

James

"JamesJ" <jjy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

What is the default size Vista allocates for restore points? I haven't
changed it, I don't even know how to find out.

Roughly 15% of the drive. Read this for making adjustments:

http://www.petri.co.il/change_amount_of_disk_space_used_by_system_restore_in_vista.htm

James

"Curious" <spammenot@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
I thought the space might be the space reserved by the OS for restore
points.

"Rick Rogers" <rick@xxxxxxxx> wrote in message
Hi JamesJ,

It's a leftover bit from aligning the partition, quite normal.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"JamesJ" <jjy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
I have a 160mb internal hard drive with 1 partition (ntfs). Vista sp2.
When viewing drive info 3rd party software is showing the used space
and
also 10mb of unallocated space.
Anyone know what this unallocated space is?

Thanks,
James

  • Re: Unalocated Disk Space
    ... I was comparing that with the 10mb non-allocated space on my drive ... "Bill Daggett" wrote in message ... Anyone know what this unallocated space is? ...
  • Re: Unalocated Disk Space
    ... non-allocated space on my drive ... aka "Nutcase" - Microsoft MVP ... Windows help - www.rickrogers.org ... Anyone know what this unallocated space is? ...
  • Re: Unalocated Disk Space
    ... Read this for making adjustments: ... It's a leftover bit from aligning the partition, ... Vote for my shoe: http://rick-mvp.blogspot.com ... Anyone know what this unallocated space is? ...