Re: hardisk driver problum

Probably because the notebook hard drive is SATA and XP does not detect SATA drives without the driver. Seeing as the notebook came with Vista, the SATA driver might not be available, but if you find one at the notebook manufacturer's website, you'll have to download it onto a USB flash drive and when XP asks for it, tell it where it is.

Otherwise you'll have to stay with Vista or wait till Win7.
--
Cari (MS-MVP)
http://www.coribright.com/windows

"Mafaz Rana" <mafazrana@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:E768728B-DFBA-4AEA-B5A6-A443F129BC0D@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I have notebook with vista....I want to install xp....it didn't detect hardisk

  • Re: New build - halt on ACPI Controller
    ... problem with my bootable drives. ... Basically the unformatted, new sata ... drive was first device in the bios boot order and cdrom was second. ... It seems that the Vista install DVD deposits ...
    (uk.comp.homebuilt)
  • Re: Continued XP and Vista hang on install - MB issue?
    ... DVD rom, Sata RW DVD." ... My system still hangs on installing windows XP or Vista - Have tried ... Sometimes Vista ... I installed both hard drives in a win xp sp 2 machine and they worked ...
    (alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus)
  • SATA HD Config
    ... Currently one USB drive is much faster than a 1T SATA drive on the same Vista PC. ... my VISTA HD light is on solid as it is indexing and sanding my drives. ... Yes, actually lose data, so I want to figure out how to tell what each disk config is and what speed it is capable of so I can redirect the data to the fastest drive. ...
  • Continued XP and Vista hang on install - MB issue?
    ... DVD rom, Sata RW DVD." ... My system still hangs on installing windows XP or Vista - Have tried both. ... I installed both hard drives in a win xp sp 2 machine and they worked fine. ...
    (alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus)
  • Re: Continued XP and Vista hang on install - MB issue?
    ... My system still hangs on installing windows XP or Vista - Have tried both. ... RW sata drive) seems to stop turning. ... I installed both hard drives in a win xp sp 2 machine and they worked ...
    (alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus)