Re: Windows needs to install drivers for xxx

Try installing / reinstalling chip set drivers for your motherboard.
--

"AndyMcG" <AndyMcG.3x680c@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:AndyMcG.3x680c@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I am having the same problems. my PCI device, PCI to PCI bridge, flash
drives, keyboard etc all are looking fo rdriver software.
I have tried deleting the inf/CACHE, It was also suggested in another
thread that I edit one of the registries to direct toward system32,
neither of these have worked. Any other Ideas?

--
AndyMcG

  • Re: cannot even get into safe mode
    ... Windows Normally” was a frozen USB keyboard, ... When I amend BIOS to use the CD drive as 1st choice boot, using my slipstreamed XP2 disc, the drive spins up, message “press any key to boot from CD..” appears. ... which will test my Seagate drives. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Computer Problems
    ... simple: Ghost backup software. ... new problems that occur and then do a Microsoft restore immediately. ... I have two auxiliary backup drives for my data, ... Given the situation with the kind of keyboard that you like, visit the various thrift shops in your area. ...
    (soc.retirement)
  • Core 2 wont boot - ACPI, S3, PAE
    ... logitech optical wheelmouse and PS/2 keyboard, ... Intel SCSI RAID controller with dual RAID 1 mirrored ... 36Gb drives, ... In the end, it never booted, and I am back using Core 1. ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: Posting for Doug
    ... You know how hard drives are.some keep the crap, dump the good, and booting is always a flip of the coin. ... The 98 machine had been up for at least 10 months without touching the keyboard, just an occasional mouse click when the power flashes I have a dos/ win3.1 (will have to go to 3.11 to integrate in to the net and install some server client mail something to get dos talking to the other machines. ... YOU GET THE SAME SPEECH AS DOUG. ... Too much Star Trek or Star Wars watching? ...
    (alt.support.chronic-pain)
  • Re: Computer Wont Post
    ... POST but protests lack of keyboard, ... drives and CD devices. ... ram, cpu, or mobo, or video card. ... proper pins on the motherboard to power it up. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware)