Re: USB or HDD as backup

Huib;1114962 Wrote:
"CrucialHoax" <guest@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> schreef in bericht
news:8074c46b3f3784d9c1494a3fc5c40169@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> > >

Huib;1114574 Wrote:> > > > >
Hi,
Of course is space limitted, but suppose that will do it as backup.

Is the quality as good on an USB stick as on an external HDD?

Regards

Huib> > > > >

All of my files on my laptop like pictures, music, and other
stuff is
on a maxtor 320gb external, haven't had any problems with it. I
also
carry around a 2gb usb flash drive full of utilities and that
hasn't
crashed... Just remember, if its electronic, it can and will fail
and
any given moment...

--
CrucialHoax > > Thanks DLL & Crucialhoax
That all lines up with my ideas and i needed some extra information

Regards
Huib

If I had to choose DVD backup or a external drive that had sufficient
space on it, I would choose the external drive without hesitation. DVD
can scratch - rendering the information useless - where as a drive is
pretty stable.

Mark :)

--
CrucialHoax

  • Re: Server semi-shutdown
    ... I'm also using a USB 2.x PCI card. ... But backup seems to complete in a reasonable time, ... > also to keep the USB drive permanently connected to the server. ... >> to look at the server's event logs. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Low end desktop for EE tasks?
    ... backup doesn't have to backup 4GBytes of junkware every time. ... no way I can bill a customer for all that on a new "pre-installed" ... How reliable are those USB sticks? ... I buy the hard disk drives and USB adapter boxes ...
    (sci.electronics.design)
  • Re: USB External Hard Drive
    ... Maybe you could consider an external HD enclosure that already has the drive installed. ... As far a portability, I don't think you'll want to put this in your purse on the way to ... in to their computer like any other USB device. ... I don't want to backup my programs. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware)
  • Re: Low end desktop for EE tasks?
    ... backup doesn't have to backup 4GBytes of junkware every time. ... no way I can bill a customer for all that on a new "pre-installed" ... How reliable are those USB sticks? ... I buy the hard disk drives and USB adapter boxes ...
    (sci.electronics.design)
  • Re: Correct way to use dump to backup a Samba share
    ... gmirror) that I need to backup. ... only ONE USB drive connected at a time. ... # Perfrom the dump, assuming that the filesystem is live. ...
    (freebsd-questions)