Re: How to restore RAID-5 array

You'll probably have to find a forum or newsgroup that deals with Gigabyte motherboards to get help with this.

http://www.bing.com/search?q=gigabyte+help+forum&form=QBRE&filt=all&qs=n

--
Kerry Brown
http://www.vistahelp.ca/phpBB2/

"pasbes" <pasbes.3wvlnb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:pasbes.3wvlnb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi!

I am stuck and I do not know how to go on to fix this problem:
My computers RAID 5 array had one drive crash and I can not start
Vista64 again. The computer worked fine before the crash.

The RAID 5 array is consisted of 4 similar drives. I replaced the
failed drive with a new similar drive and I get a good response from the
RAID controller of the motherboard witch went to REBUILD state
automatically. The controller even states that the array is bootable.
But nothing happens...
Once the boot passes the RAID menu, the motherboard can not find any
drive to start Vista64, (the board does not find the RAID array) and the
new drive is not 'rebuild'...
What is the correct procedure to fix the array and start the OS?

Thanks in advance for your help!!

Pascal B.

Computer information:
OS: Vista 64 OEM
Memory: Corsair XMS 4GB DDR2 PC2-8500 1066MHz
Motherboard: Gigabyte - Socket 775 - ATX iP35 (GA-P35-DS4) - DDR2 /
SATA / PCI-E
Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo E6850 3.0GHz / 1333MHz / 4MB (Boxed)
Hard drives: 4 x SAMSUNG SPINPOINT 500GB SATA/300 7200RPM 16MB
Power supply: ANTEC PHANTOM 500 NÄTDEL ATX12V 500W
Graphics card: MSI GEFORCE 8600GTS 512MB HDCP HEATPIPE PCI-E

--
pasbes
pasbes's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/124691.htm

http://forums.techarena.in