Re: Memory Problem

Do you have a matched pair of 2GB modules?

"Clayton" <claytonbNOSPAM@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:eEngiHhHKHA.3708@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I have a ASUS P5B-PLUS Motherboard and have installed 2 x 2GB DDR-2 800MHz modules in it and the BIOS only showed as having 3GB installed so I updated to the latest BIOS version and remapped the memory in the BIOS and now the BIOS is showing all 4GB, but after installing Windows 7 32-Bit it shows in system properties as 4GB installed but only 2GB usable.

The motherboard is a couple of years old now and was wonder if installing 2GB modules is the problem, I'll try to get a hold of 4 x 1GB modules and see what shows up

  • Re: Asus M2N-E BIOS Not ACPI Compliant?
    ... I retried the Vista DVD, and instead of failing silently as before, I got a dialog indicating the Vista could not be installed because the motherboard BIOS is "not ACPI compliant". ... I'll start installing and testing again. ...
    (alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus)
  • Re: Asus M2N-E BIOS Not ACPI Compliant?
    ... Asus' web site for downloads is off line as usual. ... investigation reveals that the motherboard may be the culprit. ... After successfully installing XP, I noticed a couple of anomalies: ... motherboard BIOS is "not ACPI compliant". ...
    (alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus)
  • Re: Wrong CPU being shown by the BIOS
    ... Now I am not sure if installing the RAM did this or messing about in ... the BIOS screen with a message sayinh. ... "Unknown CPU detected, install latest BIOS to unleash Power" ... Intel Processor Identification Utility. ...
    (alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt)
  • Re: System Error ?
    ... RAID in the BIOS setup. ... This seemed to point to drivers, ... that I tried installing PC Wizard ver. ... would do, a couple of days ago, and it apparently uninstalled the CPU ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Bios flashing w/fed4_64
    ... is there a way to extract the flashing utility withou installing it? ... as I understand it these first instructions are part of the BIOS which is the software held in the ROM which is flash re programmable with the appropriate software. ... But unlike everything else a unique version of it has to be specially prepared for every model of motherboard because every motherboard is different. ...
    (Fedora)