Re: Internal Card Reader Drives Disappear

I too would be most interested in any solution to this particuler issue.
I also am running Vista (HE Premium 32bit, SP2) on a Dell Inspiron
530s, with the TEAC CA 200 internal multi card reader. The reader was
working perfectly until after a few auto updates then it has stopped
functioning!!!! The device manager is telling me that the device is
present but it will not start (Code 10). I have updated the firmware
from teac support website, but all to no avail!!
I have a 2nd Dell Inspiron 530s with the same card reader, but running
with Win XP SP2, and have *no problems* with the reader on this unit at
all!!

All the drive letters on the Vista unit for the multi card reader have
disappeared and I am struggling to find out how to get it all to work
again. Have been scouring all forums and even the Microsoft support
site....now I'm here!!

I'm prepared to post screen grabs of any relevant device manager
settings if required for diagnosis.

Look forward to any helpful responses.

Thks

--
chippywhite

  • Re: SP2 makes XP-Home/SP1 CD useless - other PC problems.
    ... HP card reader ... I have to go into WE and download the pics from there. ... Now with SP2 on my PC I am unable to even get updates from ... for steps to access the BIOS and change the boot order. ...
  • Re: Service pack 3
    ... stretching the 'feature' update comment. ... And I know if you want to install Windows XP on a laptop without a CD/DVD, you need to use Windows XP SP2 at least because Windows XP can't install from an USB device unless it is SP2 or greater. ... I have a built in SD card reader on this Gateway, but it only reads 1GB tops. ... My EeePC can read them without the USB card reader and they are all XP SP2. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Service pack 3
    ... At least SP2 added real features (like being able to handle ... The only feature I saw was preSP3 my SD card reader would not read a ... that's stretching the 'feature' update comment. ... I use an USB card reader for higher capacity ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: SP2 makes XP-Home/SP1 CD useless - other PC problems.
    ... >> In your previous post on the Card reader, you were sent a link to an>> MS ... scanner and camera wizard worked for 22 or 23 months, ... > XP because of SP2: This is EXACTLY what SP2 was designed to do: STOP> you from downloading updates IF you have a PIRATED key or installation ... I only meant to explain to you that it was possible to have a pirated key without your, or HP's, knowledge. ...
  • Re: Service pack 3
    ... At least SP2 added real features (like being able to handle ... that's stretching the 'feature' update comment. ... I use an USB card reader for higher capacity ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)