Re: DVD-RW drive question

See if the following applies

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/939052/en-us

--
Peter

"RickyBobby" <nascar42@xxxxxxx> wrote in message news:%23PKDum3GKHA.4004@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
How come this happens? I will be using Windows Vista 32bit Home Premium and it simply will not recognize any DVD that I put in the DVD drive. I hit restart and the same thing happens. Then I hit shut down and let it shut down and then restart it with the power button and the DVD-RW drive and any disc in it will be read perfectly.

This seems odd and disconcerting.

Thanks to anybody who knows what is what.

  • Re: MS Office 2003 on XP
    ... "Peter Foldes" wrote: ... Please Reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others ... Requests for assistance by email can not and will not be acknowledged. ...
    (microsoft.public.office.setup)
  • Re: Another great example of how Word 2007 "brings commands closer to the surface"
    ... Please post all follow-up questions to the newsgroup. ... assistance by email can not be acknowledged. ...
    (microsoft.public.word.newusers)
  • Re: W2K3 and Exchange
    ... Please Reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others ... Requests for assistance by email can not and will not be acknowledged. ... I have given them all a separate email accounts and they access these accounts separately on their workstations. ...
    (microsoft.public.exchange.setup)
  • Re: malware affecting IE7 on XP
    ... Please Reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others ... Requests for assistance by email can not and will not be acknowledged. ... of stolen code and utilities that will block access to anti malware web sites and other ...
    (microsoft.public.security.virus)
  • Re: Office de-activated after memory upgrade and will not re-activ
    ... Please Reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others ... Requests for assistance by email can not and will not be acknowledged. ... This has occurred after a RAM upgrade - I upgraded to 1.5 mb by ...
    (microsoft.public.office.setup)