DVD-RW drive question

When you boot with the DVD disk inserted, you are reading it with the BIOS.
Windows may not see this.

Go to the Windows Device Manager to see if the DVD drive is enabled.

"RickyBobby" <nascar42@xxxxxxx> wrote in message news:#PKDum3GKHA.4004@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
How come this happens? I will be using Windows Vista 32bit Home Premium and it simply will not recognize any DVD that I put in the DVD drive. I hit restart and the same thing happens. Then I hit shut down and let it shut down and then restart it with the power button and the DVD-RW drive and any disc in it will be read perfectly.

This seems odd and disconcerting.

Thanks to anybody who knows what is what.

.