Re: How to Hide Drive in Vista and Still Be Able to Use it.

Phil B.;1107688 Wrote:
In XP I could use TweakUI to hide a disk drive from the kids and was
still
able to use the hidden drive. There is no TweakUI for Vista and I've
tried
to hide a drive with registry
tweaks(HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer)
and via command prompt (using diskpart). The problem is that both ways
leave
hidden drives that are not usable. It's as if they truely do not exist.
Can
anyone tell me is it possible to hide a drive in Vista and still be
able to
use it, and if so, how?

Phil

Hello Phil,
You are supposed to be able to get TweakUI working in Vista.
Go here and take a look, i dont know if it will help, or work, i have
never tried it, but it just might cure your problem.
Good luck and post your results.

'TweakUI for Vista (x64 too!) | PC Tips'
(http://www.pctipsbox.com/tweakui-for-vista-x64-too/)

--
stoneys-nutz

.