Re: How to Hide Drive in Vista and Still Be Able to Use it.

Phil B.;1107688 Wrote:
In XP I could use TweakUI to hide a disk drive from the kids and was
still
able to use the hidden drive. There is no TweakUI for Vista and I've
tried
to hide a drive with registry
tweaks(HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer)
and via command prompt (using diskpart). The problem is that both ways
leave
hidden drives that are not usable. It's as if they truely do not exist.
Can
anyone tell me is it possible to hide a drive in Vista and still be
able to
use it, and if so, how?

Phil

Hello Phil,
You are supposed to be able to get TweakUI working in Vista.
Go here and take a look, i dont know if it will help, or work, i have
never tried it, but it just might cure your problem.
Good luck and post your results.

'TweakUI for Vista (x64 too!) | PC Tips'
(http://www.pctipsbox.com/tweakui-for-vista-x64-too/)

--
stoneys-nutz

  • Re: How to Hide Drive in Vista and Still Be Able to Use it.
    ... telephone support has already reset to factory build on me once, ... There is no TweakUI for Vista and I've ... hidden drives that are not usable. ... You are supposed to be able to get TweakUI working in Vista. ...
  • Re: How to Hide Drive in Vista and Still Be Able to Use it.
    ... factory build on me once, ... There is no TweakUI for Vista and I've ... hidden drives that are not usable. ... You are supposed to be able to get TweakUI working in Vista. ...
  • Re: How to Hide Drive in Vista and Still Be Able to Use it.
    ... There is no TweakUI for Vista and I've ... and via command prompt. ... hidden drives that are not usable. ... You are supposed to be able to get TweakUI working in Vista. ...
  • Re: How to Hide Drive in Vista and Still Be Able to Use it.
    ... There is no TweakUI for Vista and I've ... and via command prompt. ... hidden drives that are not usable. ... You are supposed to be able to get TweakUI working in Vista. ...
  • Re: Search problems
    ... Then to find out which registry values are used to supply those ... Search from the Address bar more apparent. ... TweakUI enable a user ... BTW AFAIK those features are still being carried forward in Vista ...