Re: Missing SD reader

"Linda R" <LindaR@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:5B00CB99-331B-4CF6-9BBE-D00C43F4CD34@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I have a Gateway ML6703 Notebook running Windows Vista Home Premium 32-Bit.
I had to reload windows because of a windows update that put my computer in a
forever restart loop. Anyway, after the reload I noticed I'm missing the
drive I need to look at my photos. Can anyone with the same system tell me
how to find out who the model/vendor is? I looked in the device manager and
uninstalled the Mass Storage Controller, which doen't say what it is or even
if it is the reader, then reboot. The computer does a search but doesn't
find anything, then asks to insert the disk that came with the drive which I
never had. I also tried the operating disc but my machine doesn't find it
there either. Gateway won't help because my warranty is expired, hmmm.

HELP!!!!

If you go here:
http://downloads.emachines.com/drivers/media_reader/D20003-003-001.exe

and download that, I know it's not quite the same model number, but AFAIK the driver will probably work....

.