Re: Missing SD reader

"Linda R" <LindaR@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:5B00CB99-331B-4CF6-9BBE-D00C43F4CD34@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I have a Gateway ML6703 Notebook running Windows Vista Home Premium 32-Bit.
I had to reload windows because of a windows update that put my computer in a
forever restart loop. Anyway, after the reload I noticed I'm missing the
drive I need to look at my photos. Can anyone with the same system tell me
how to find out who the model/vendor is? I looked in the device manager and
uninstalled the Mass Storage Controller, which doen't say what it is or even
if it is the reader, then reboot. The computer does a search but doesn't
find anything, then asks to insert the disk that came with the drive which I
never had. I also tried the operating disc but my machine doesn't find it
there either. Gateway won't help because my warranty is expired, hmmm.

HELP!!!!

If you go here:
http://downloads.emachines.com/drivers/media_reader/D20003-003-001.exe

and download that, I know it's not quite the same model number, but AFAIK the driver will probably work....

  • Re: Account permanently disabled?
    ... off my computer, then F-Disk my hard drive, the format, then reload windows ... drivers and windows update, then the AVG virus program, the programs that I ...
    (alt.games.warcraft)
  • Re: Windows Update error 0x8007041D
    ... I'm having real problems with windows update - We had to reload windows ... because od disk failure - Now it's error 0x8007041D - ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsupdate)
  • Re: Account permanently disabled?
    ... off my computer, then F-Disk my hard drive, the format, then reload windows from the ground up, I don't mean the image file that is on my Dell Inspiron laptop, I mean a good old fashion, sit through 3 hours of waiting to install drivers and windows update, then the AVG virus program, the programs that I think I need, then WOW and all the updates that I have saved to a USB hard drive. ...
    (alt.games.warcraft)
  • Re: Missing SD reader
    ... I had to reload windows because of a windows update that put my computer in a ... forever restart loop. ... Since you can't be bothered here is the link to the drivers for a ML6703 you will find the media card reader driver there. ...
  • Re: Missing SD reader
    ... Linda R wrote: ... I had to reload windows because of a windows update that put my computer ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)