Missing SD reader

I have a Gateway ML6703 Notebook running Windows Vista Home Premium 32-Bit.
I had to reload windows because of a windows update that put my computer in a
forever restart loop. Anyway, after the reload I noticed I'm missing the
drive I need to look at my photos. Can anyone with the same system tell me
how to find out who the model/vendor is? I looked in the device manager and
uninstalled the Mass Storage Controller, which doen't say what it is or even
if it is the reader, then reboot. The computer does a search but doesn't
find anything, then asks to insert the disk that came with the drive which I
never had. I also tried the operating disc but my machine doesn't find it
there either. Gateway won't help because my warranty is expired, hmmm.

HELP!!!!

  • Missing SD reader
    ... I have a Gateway ML6703 Notebook running Windows Vista Home Premium 32-Bit. ... I had to reload windows because of a windows update that put my computer in a ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • Missing SD reader
    ... I have a Gateway ML6703 Notebook running Windows Vista Home Premium 32-Bit. ... I had to reload windows because of a windows update that put my computer in a ...
  • Re: Windows Update URL no longer functions
    ... Please fill out the form and let MS know what happened to your system so that they are aware of the damage done by Guided Help. ... The system basically comes up except that Windows Explorer took 15 minutes to finish what it was doing. ... That interference may be why the system will only access a blank page when invoking the Windows Update shortcut from the Start menu. ... All I can suggest you try at this point, besides uninstalling WinPatrol/Spybot and then rebuilding the winsock stack, is to Clean boot the system and then reset Windows Update's components via a Microsoft Fixit: ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsupdate)
  • Re: I cant install critical updates
    ... I resolved error message problem from Vista Security Center by uninstalling and reinstalling Antivir. ... How it comes I can't either manage to install manually failing updates? ... Be sure to obtain the correct version for Windows x86. ... Windows Update Agent File Versions: ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsupdate)
  • Re: Smeared screen = spyware?
    ... > Windows Update, but they haven't picked up anything. ... Step four - download and install the latest video card driver. ... NVidia Video Card Drivers ...
    (microsoft.public.security)