Re: Cannot change drive letter via Disk management
- From: "David Vair" <dvair@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Tue, 4 Aug 2009 16:54:28 -0400
Its is most likely an ownership issue as the XP drive is NTFS.
This solution is for XP, but the steps are the same in Vista.
CNE, CNA, MCP, A+, N+
"Krakapo" <guest@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:4ece9866ee7411ca4150f83ef3739d4d@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
All - XP PC died, taken the hard drive and placed into external USB cage
and plugged into Vista laptop. I cannot see it in My computer but under
disk management I can see it as a disk and a healthy operating
partition, but it has no drive letter and I am unable to change the
drive letter as the only option I have is the delete command. My
presumption is that as this was the master boot record on my XP PC, this
is the reason why I cannot change the drive letter? But I am unsure.
I have 90% of the data backed up on a seperate USB drive, but it's the
10% especially some recent video and photos that I want off the drive.
- Prev by Date: Re: Vista 64 Bit - Cannot Boot With 3 Hard Disks
- Next by Date: Re: Vista 64 Bit - Cannot Boot With 3 Hard Disks
- Previous by thread: Re: Vista 64 Bit - Cannot Boot With 3 Hard Disks
- Next by thread: 0xD1_QTKVHDA+35d24, type0