Re: external harddisk problems

"TheDukeOff" <guest@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:5dab30d1ae4aaec38a444ff329e1ed15@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

First I want to say that my English is not very good, I am sorry.
I have troubles with my external HDD (maxtor). I have the external HDD
since a few months and I used it without any problems with Microsoft XP
and Vista (32 bit). A few days ago I bought an new computer with vista
64 bit. And the external drive isn't detected when I start up the
computer, In "my computer" it show that it's an local station. When I
take the power plug from the external drive out and put it back in than
I shows up and I don't see local station anymore but the name
"multimedia"
But when I restart my computer I have the same problem and I must do it
all over.

Can you tell me what the problem is, do I need to download something??

Check your power options, device manager, usb root hub, power management, uncheck allow the computer to turn off this device to save power.

.