Re: Setting 'System managed' page file for d: drive causes high CPU us

Dima;1104420 Wrote:
Hello!
Setting 'System managed' page file for my d: drive (EIDE Samsung
SP2514N on
JMicron JMB363 PATA and SATA controller on my Asus P5K motherboard)
causes
explorer.exe to use about 90% of CPU after a restart for several
minutes and
in about 10 minutes intervals during 720p video playback in VLC Player
for
several minutes.
RAM 6GB, CPU Intel E6750. Vista Ultimate x64.
I have set 'no page file' for my d: drive (EIDE Samsung SP2514N on my
Asus
P5K motherboard) and the problem disappeared. Why does setting page
file for
my d: drive cause the high CPU usage? My d: drive is least frequently
used.
I have not changed 'System managed' for my G: drive.
I have set 'System managed' for my c: drive (WD5005000AACS ATA) too,
and the
problem have not reappeared.
Regards,
Dima

DIma

Im thinking either Indexing, or WMP sharing service. the way to check
is to run task manager when it happens and watch whats eating cpu
cycles.

Hope it helps and let us know if it doesnt help

Ken

--
zigzag3143

  • Re: Help with P4C800-E DELUXE
    ... Paul and I are very familiar with the failure ... send it to Asus and I'd upgrade as soon as Conroe ... I tested the CPU and Motherboard without memory, ...
    (alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus)
  • Re: heads up on ASUS motherboards
    ... I got a motherboard with a single bent CPU pin. ... Was the CPU supplied by Asus at all? ...
    (comp.os.linux.misc)
  • Re: heads up on ASUS motherboards
    ... I got a motherboard with a single bent CPU pin. ... Was the CPU supplied by Asus at all? ...
    (comp.os.linux.misc)
  • Re: AMD and Asus motherboard compatibility with Linux
    ... AMD Athlon 64X2 4600 CPU ... ASUS M2N4-SLI motherboard ... 2 lite on optical drives; dvd and ...
    (alt.os.linux.suse)
  • Re: a7v600-x stuck in reboot loop?
    ... [Motherboard Specification] ... [CPU Specification] ... So I hold the power button in till computer shuts off ... once or twice sometimes more before the video initializes. ...
    (alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus)