Re: Setting 'System managed' page file for d: drive causes high CPU us
- From: zigzag3143 <guest@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Mon, 3 Aug 2009 18:36:30 -0500
Setting 'System managed' page file for my d: drive (EIDE Samsung
JMicron JMB363 PATA and SATA controller on my Asus P5K motherboard)
explorer.exe to use about 90% of CPU after a restart for several
in about 10 minutes intervals during 720p video playback in VLC Player
RAM 6GB, CPU Intel E6750. Vista Ultimate x64.
I have set 'no page file' for my d: drive (EIDE Samsung SP2514N on my
P5K motherboard) and the problem disappeared. Why does setting page
my d: drive cause the high CPU usage? My d: drive is least frequently
I have not changed 'System managed' for my G: drive.
I have set 'System managed' for my c: drive (WD5005000AACS ATA) too,
problem have not reappeared.
Im thinking either Indexing, or WMP sharing service. the way to check
is to run task manager when it happens and watch whats eating cpu
Hope it helps and let us know if it doesnt help
- Prev by Date: Re: Hp webcam problem
- Next by Date: Re: external harddisk problems
- Previous by thread: Re: Hp webcam problem
- Next by thread: Re: external harddisk problems