CD-DVD drive disappeared...

Hi. I have an HP Pavilion dv6700 Notebook with Vista Home Premium. The computer
is just over a year old and the Pioneer DVDRW drive (DR-KD08HB) just stopped
working. It no longer appears under Device Manager or Windows Explorer and the
disk tray won't even open. I've had no problems with this drive before, it
just
seemed to die on me yesterday after I inserted a CD (which I can't retrieve).

I ran the Microsoft Fix it 50027 but nothing happened.

Is there anything I can do to get it working again?

Thanks.

  • HP
    ... hp pavilion zd8000 update graphic drivers ... hp pavilion zd8060us notebook pc ... hp pavilion xz275 laptop repair ...
    (sci.engr.safety)
  • Vista and Blu-ray
    ... Sorry if this has been raised before, but I only just got a new Notebook with Vista Home Premium on board, so after years of familiarity with XP, I'm now struggling to come to grips with the slightly different feel of the new OS. ... However, it comes with both SVHS and HDMI ports/sockets, and it seemed reasonable to try playing back the Blu-ray movie I had borrowed on the main TV, 40-inch screen and all that. ... But the minute I plugged in the HDMI cable the movie stopped playing and there was a brief note about the 'environment' being 'protected'. ...
  • Re: wireless inop
    ... Perhaps you'd care to expand on "I wrote zeros to my hp pavilion 5300 ... notebook to [resolve] some problems"? ... > I wrote zeros to my hp pavilion 5300 notebook to resolvw some problems ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Help: Hard drive error number #1-07
    ... I have a HP Pavilion DV6000 notebook. ... I cannot boot up my Linux ...
    (comp.sys.hp.hardware)
  • Help: Hard drive error number #1-07
    ... I have a HP Pavilion DV6000 notebook. ... I cannot boot up my Linux ...
    (comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage)