Re: Use of the battery in a laptop?

See responses in vista.general, and please cross-post in the future rather than posting the same question separately to multiple groups.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"Huib" <anonymous@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:4a7403d7$0$2868$ba620e4c@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi,

To keep the battery for a longer life what is the best:

1. using the mainpower : removing the battery and performing regularly a decharging and recharging?
2. using the mainpower : keeping the battery into the PC and performing regularly a decharging and recharging?
3. only working with the battery and of course performing the charging when needed?

Regards
Huib

  • Re: computer question
    ... We bought anew power supply so not that, wasn't recharging - had been ... from the socket to the battery - or is this simplistic? ... You have been told by Rowland and now by alf, ... You try to drive people to suicide - that's evil. ...
    (uk.people.support.depression)
  • Re: Magellan eXplorist 400, 500 and 600
    ... recharging - and I haven't found any guarantees of sunny days. ... devices that run off standard NiMH AAs. ... rotating the AA cells through the charger as needed. ... Other than the small cable with battery ...
    (sci.geo.satellite-nav)
  • Re: CR123A Batteries
    ... It is a REALLY BAD IDEA to try and charge a non rechargeable lithium battery, like a standard camera one, in fact here in the UK there is a law that if you have one in a circuit where there's another power source, you need to have not one but two things in series to minimise the chance of accidental recharging. ... Unlike one-use lithium cells, recharging these "undoes" the chemical reaction inside them and physically unbinds the chemicals inside that combined to give the electric current when you ran it down. ...
    (sci.electronics.basics)
  • Re: computer question
    ... We bought anew power supply so not that, wasn't recharging - had been ... from the socket to the battery - or is this simplistic? ... Click the troubleshooting header, enter laptop model number and O/S. ... no, a medical physicist programs MRI's, designs them, feeds back to the manufacturers, i just had to look after one signal. ...
    (uk.people.support.depression)
  • Re: Grid-Battery "Hybrid" Tractors
    ... And the more expensive the finished battery cost per watt-hour. ... doesn't need a lot of watt-hours / work done. ... But of course the practicle problems remain: recharging 10X per day seems hardly acceptable when you are out in the field. ... Trains and farms are definitely on my short list for electrification. ...
    (sci.energy)